Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

1up's review score of 10 sold me.

i do enjoy the youtube videos and the vids at the beginning of custom campaigns, though.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
If Oleg is smart (and listening) then he'll spend a bit of development time to make sure that camera controls are there that can be used in new and interesting ways. I can't see it being a huge drain on resources to put together and it'd be huge for the people putting together these various pieces.
From the Oleg's Room thread:

06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post
Hello Oleg , as one Of my main interests in il2 is making movies I am wondering what kind of , if any , recording (placeable cameras) and play back facillities have you got planned for BOB , sorry if this question has already bin asked and answered

Oleg's Answer:
I can't tell you finally how many types of cameras, but will be more features than in Il-2 and more useful.
Recording will be possible in two formats one of them is similar to NTRK, another - ready video, but still under question in which format finally.
But only NTRK will be possible to use for full HD video conversion.

I am also pretty sure I remember Oleg saying something a while back about them wanting to license the SoW engine to motion-picture special effects companies for animating the physics of air-combat sequences in films. If they are designing the game with that kind of work in mind, then I think we can be pretty sure that IL-2 movie-makers will have a lot of very fun/powerful tools at their disposal with the new game.

Last edited by Lodestone; 09-22-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: fixing signature
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestone View Post
From the Oleg's Room thread:

06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by fireflyerz View Post
Hello Oleg , as one Of my main interests in il2 is making movies I am wondering what kind of , if any , recording (placeable cameras) and play back facillities have you got planned for BOB , sorry if this question has already bin asked and answered

Oleg's Answer:
I can't tell you finally how many types of cameras, but will be more features than in Il-2 and more useful.
Recording will be possible in two formats one of them is similar to NTRK, another - ready video, but still under question in which format finally.
But only NTRK will be possible to use for full HD video conversion.

I am also pretty sure I remember Oleg saying something a while back about them wanting to license the SoW engine to motion-picture special effects companies for animating the physics of air-combat sequences in films. If they are designing the game with that kind of work in mind, then I think we can be pretty sure that IL-2 movie-makers will have a lot of very fun/powerful tools at their disposal with the new game.
I was wondering if he'd be doing something like that. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Just give me a free cam like in Lock On, F2 and F3 view of trucks, tanks etc and I will be satisfied! Oh! and more from behind views, more padlocking.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Howdy,

I just thought I'd chime in: I got IL-2 in January 2008, and became interested soley through youtube videos, particularly the Flying Woodpecker aerobatic movies.

Stingray
Old 10-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Howdy,

I just thought I'd chime in: I got IL-2 in January 2008, and became interested soley through youtube videos, particularly the Flying Woodpecker aerobatic movies.

Stingray
Excellent! And welcome...some of us have been here for a while and perhaps become a bit jaded but its good to see new fans. IL-2 has always been an impressive product but its appeal is much wider now...in part because of the content but I think the YouTube videos are huge and I think you and many others underscore that point.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Youtube has been good for Il2.
The other day I found simtube.com
Many different things there, but all sims. Check it out.