Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebop
Will you be uploading the Barcelona course? BTW, you can add the race pylons to the lighthouses. The one you chose is short enough to let the top show completely. I think that would help the racer identify which gate should come next.
Maybe this weekend I'll upload the Barcelona's race, I'm finishing the powerpoint for briefing, will pass it to Acrobar Reader format to assure more people can read it

If I add pylons to lighthouses there's no space to pass with the plane; the pylons have a side cables that are collidible... another idea is to add lights, but the real Red Bull had no lights on the pylons. However, mods of this race will be free to modify and publish by anyone, I only request credits for authors.

So the main difficult is the training in passing pylons at hi speed, and later study the race before making it, just like real pilots do

I only identified one point in which pilots uses to miss the next gate, it's the vertical maneuver, but this can be adressed just by... more training!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKIE_JG52
..If I add pylons to lighthouses there's no space to pass with the plane; the pylons have a side cables that are collidible...
I see. Then they must be closer together than the Budapest ones because I never had that problem on that course. My biggest problem with the "heavys" was making turns that didn't kill both speed and time. But as you say....practice!

I'm looking forward to your Barcelona course. BTW, any word on the actual race in '08? Will they have it?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Before continuing, jus a little more info on Barcelona's Red Bull:

-2006: the major of the city is also a Cessna pilot. Red Bull Air Race is totally new to the city, and the crowd calculated there is over 1.000.000 people. Transport of the city totally collapses!

-2007: new major (not a pilot); he fears another collapse near of voting day. RBAR is put in another day some months ahead, later it is cancelled due to stupid "additional security" requirements by local authorities that Red Bull cannot match.

This is why I made Red Rook Air Race; in 2007 it has not been any RBAR in Barcelona
A 2008 Barcelona's race does not looks suitable for the moment. Maybe in Valencia or Madrid, but it's soon to talk about it.

I'm trying to grab some time to finish that PPT... Hope soon I'll upload to M4T; I'll advice here when done!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Just finished and uploaded here:
http://mission4today.com/index.php?n...etails&id=3103

The Red Rook Air Race pack includes:
-Missions (hard and competition versions)
-Files (a readme and a PDF with detailed procedures instructions)

For the moment skins are not included, but there's a specific skin pack made by Finnatar.

Enjoy!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Tuckie,
The Red Rook/Barcelona course is marvelous!

Thanks for the enclosed Powerpoint presentation and linking the YouTube video to the download. This is perhaps one of the best packages for an Air Race map ever!

Kudos!

Also, I look forward to the skin pack.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

Edited the download of Red Rook Air Race; minor changes in english PDF to explain it better and added another PDF in spanish language.

Que he añadido instrucciones en español, vamos!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the maps guys... I happened to catch a race for the first time a few months ago, and it looks fun! (I used to do the same sort of racing in cars)... I'd like to try it some day for real, but for now, I'll try your maps
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for your comment Spinetti, just updated the download file; the qualifying system in the last page of the PDF has been modified a bit to match the rules of an official championship here in Spain

Keep enjoying it!