Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Well, heart of dragon usually spawn as a reward for defeating champion or sometimes you can buy it from eventus.

It's very possible to have 2 heart of dragon. One of my warrior has 44 red dragons.

My Scrounger always gives that ring. Guess it's just a matter of luck.

From my experience, CW always generate many late game item, getting very good item is easy in CW, but getting composite item is another story.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlatea View Post
Well, heart of dragon usually spawn as a reward for defeating champion or sometimes you can buy it from eventus.

It's very possible to have 2 heart of dragon. One of my warrior has 44 red dragons.

My Scrounger always gives that ring. Guess it's just a matter of luck.

From my experience, CW always generate many late game item, getting very good item is easy in CW, but getting composite item is another story.
I really think the Banners and little name tags we pick affect the random generator seed.

I don't usually see the Heart of the Dragon, yet, in my current game it is as you say. A reward for Arnold.

Maybe you keep naming your pet dragon the same thing? (haha I know I do)

I do like the better item distribution, which is what really got me excited to replay King's Bounty once they released Crossworlds.

The dichotomy of "wow, nothing changed" and "wow, this game is totally different" players is pretty amazing.

I'm really annoyed that the Belt is hard to spawn. It is a huge game changing item.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, item distribution in CW is much more balanced.

Some very good items are non random too, i guess one of the is crown of chaos, i don't know why that item always in all my games.

Usually the non random one is in nameless island. Yeah i often get 2 crown of chaos, if i remembered right, by choosing rakush i can get 95% astral resistance

Yeah, most of the time, i named my pet dragon with the same name, however in some of my games i changed his name, but the heart of the dragon often spawn, sometimes the eye of the dragon that spawn in arnold.

Eventus often sell heart of dragon though. Warrior can have 44 red dragons with both of those + drakonix, and if i remembered right that is without +leadership item, though i use flaming eyes.

As for composite, i never complete them except dragon toys (once), and scrounger ring (twice). Some of the composite is indeed very powerful, like the belt, however that is still not my top item, i'd still prefer +resistances item than that or -leadership item.

As for the banner and name tag, probably yes or probably not, the only way to know is by looking at how the algorithm randomize them.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah, item distribution in CW is much more balanced.

Some very good items are non random too, i guess one of the is crown of chaos, i don't know why that item always in all my games.

Usually the non random one is in nameless island. Yeah i often get 2 crown of chaos, if i remembered right, by choosing rakush i can get 95% astral resistance

Yeah, most of the time, i named my pet dragon with the same name, however in some of my games i changed his name, but the heart of the dragon often spawn, sometimes the eye of the dragon that spawn in arnold.

Eventus often sell heart of dragon though. Warrior can have 44 red dragons with both of those + drakonix, and if i remembered right that is without +leadership item, though i use flaming eyes.

As for composite, i never complete them except dragon toys (once), and scrounger ring (twice). Some of the composite is indeed very powerful, like the belt, however that is still not my top item, i'd still prefer +resistances item than that or -leadership item.

As for the banner and name tag, probably yes or probably not, the only way to know is by looking at how the algorithm randomize them.
It seems random enough not to matter though, just funny.

Wow, I never completed the dragon toy. Wait, what is the Scrounger Ring? Holy Ring?

Belt of the Victor really shines for units with high base defense, like level 5s. Not so great for lower level units.

So if you have a very well mixed army, not so great. If you have all level 5s, it's a godsend.

I was able to generate a godly game (took me maybe 6 tries?, then I tried to get more greedy, but I got 4 more crap games, so I stopped) for my Warrior.

I finally got the Scale Set, but I can't really use it since I need to use Moldok. But, I got Twink, Leather, Slippery, AND Belt of the Victor. The Ogre will live...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

I don't remember its name, maybe ring of holy, one that decrease demons defence by 50%, yeah it is very powerful againts demons, making them very easy, even archdemons, well, with voice of dragons 3 + holy anger 3 + that ring, 1 black dragon can defeat 2 archdemons, add belt of victor, it will probably able to defeat 3 archdemons.

At first i though baal will be very easy too, then i discover that ring didn't work on him.

Yeah, i always hoped i had belt of victor, but it never complete even 1.

I often get slippery, twinkling, scale set all at once in my scanned games, one with paladin then with warrior. And most of them spawn at rusty anchor and verona, making the game very easy for me.

I use gaudi, so i can use all of them. Scrounger was very easy, and i hope that i had just 1 belt of victor.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't remember its name, maybe ring of holy, one that decrease demons defence by 50%, yeah it is very powerful againts demons, making them very easy, even archdemons, well, with voice of dragons 3 + holy anger 3 + that ring, 1 black dragon can defeat 2 archdemons, add belt of victor, it will probably able to defeat 3 archdemons.

At first i though baal will be very easy too, then i discover that ring didn't work on him.

Yeah, i always hoped i had belt of victor, but it never complete even 1.

I often get slippery, twinkling, scale set all at once in my scanned games, one with paladin then with warrior. And most of them spawn at rusty anchor and verona, making the game very easy for me.

I use gaudi, so i can use all of them. Scrounger was very easy, and i hope that i had just 1 belt of victor.
Wow, I have never gotten that before. I must have had bad luck for a while. Funny how probability/statistics works.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Woot. Maybe Warriors have a better chance to get the Belt of the Victor, but... I just got it with my Warrior build.

Since I made sure my original game had it, I now have TWO belts of the victor!

Unfortunately, my defense is already so high, I wonder if I am already at the cap so it might not help me at all.

Although the speed will be nice. HMMMMM... Throw in a metamorphic axel and I can have Ancient Ents eat up people alongside with Giants.