Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Didn't the warrior have a dress/regalia slot? As for the body armor, you're just unlucky. The game thrives solely on randomization and sometimes it does not pan out just the way a player wants it or needs it to be - troop-wise, enemy-wise or equipment-wise.
The randomness is one of the interesting things about replaying the game. I don't use scanners at all, it's more fun if you don't know how kind or cruel the game vendors are going to be when you first land on Verona (i have never even seen a completed set item except for one given as reward for killing Scrounger).

This current game i am playing has been cruel, no decent units available and having visited most of the islands only one or two decent items (Royal Hammer (but i think that is always there) and Magician's Cowl (Great, Great item for any class).

Last edited by Minecontrol; 12-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlister View Post
Anything thing I'm bummed about is I haven't gotten a single divine armor scroll. I just finished Sheterra and want to start working on my last unlocked island. I think I might end up finishing the game without ever getting the scroll. I've got this great combo where first round I teleport my orc veteran right into the middle of all their enemies (with counter-attack at 3 of course), then wait on my rune mage until the end of the round, ressurect him back to full, then cast stone skin on him beginning of second round. Know what would make it work so much better? Divine armor.

I'm telling you man, the game's doing it on purpose--it's messing with our minds!
Ah so you can't find a scroll!?

Know what is more frustrating? Not being able to buy a scroll (except at the beginning). It's a great game and all (for me it has had a real Heroes of M&M 3 effect - that good!) but it makes no sense you can only carry ten scrolls. I mean think about it, you are walking around with five swords, four suits of armor, three shields and even a Countess! Yet you can't find the room for more than 10 pieces of paper. It makes no sense the scroll limit.

BTW, does anyone know what units can be trained into Shamans (the regular shamans with the axes)?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecontrol View Post
Ah so you can't find a scroll!?

Know what is more frustrating? Not being able to buy a scroll (except at the beginning). It's a great game and all (for me it has had a real Heroes of M&M 3 effect - that good!) but it makes no sense you can only carry ten scrolls. I mean think about it, you are walking around with five swords, four suits of armor, three shields and even a Countess! Yet you can't find the room for more than 10 pieces of paper. It makes no sense the scroll limit.

BTW, does anyone know what units can be trained into Shamans (the regular shamans with the axes)?
There are items and skills you can learn (Wisdom in the Magic Tree) that can raise your scroll limit.

I don't believe any unit can be trained into a Shaman. Sorry.

Your best bet is to get a few, and use Sacrifice to bolster your numbers. As a tip, if you have astral resistance, Sacrifice does less damage to your own units BUT you still net the full benefit!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
There are items and skills you can learn (Wisdom in the Magic Tree) that can raise your scroll limit.
True, i am just commenting on the strangeness of having a scroll limit in the game.

Quote:
I don't believe any unit can be trained into a Shaman. Sorry.

Your best bet is to get a few, and use Sacrifice to bolster your numbers. As a tip, if you have astral resistance, Sacrifice does less damage to your own units BUT you still net the full benefit!
Have never used Sacrifice and don't have it on me, would it allow me to actually increase (like in recruiting) my stack in game which would last beyond the fight?
Old 12-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Approved Member

Yep it does. problem is it is very mana consuming.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
True, i am just commenting on the strangeness of having a scroll limit in the game.

Have never used Sacrifice and don't have it on me, would it allow me to actually increase (like in recruiting) my stack in game which would last beyond the fight?
I suppose one could argue that the magical powers of holding all those scrolls together was too much for her to handle. However, that wouldnt explain how you can hold more scrolls than capacity if you find them in treasure chests

Yeah, the scroll limit is really annoying. Actually, what annoys me more is how come I can't sell the scrolls on every continent? You can only sell at castles and not every continent has a friendly castle, let alone, castle! Either add a castle everywhere so you can store reserve troops or let people buy/sell back items to any merchant.

I use the treasure digging a lot and had about 112 scrolls... out of 24 capacity! I couldn't buy Sheep or Divine Armor unless I could beat Uchhuk.

Alas, his 340 goblin shaman was going to spell trouble for my team...

Sacrifice is a bit annoying to use. You need to dominate your enemy enough so you easily do this without risking the battle.

Cast Sacrifice on your own unit (cannot be a summon) that we shall call the "Donor" unit, then a percentage of that damage is used to "Create" units to the "Beneficiary".

Ideally, it is easier to create lower level units from high level units since you can simply heal back damage. Perhaps one can try dual-stack droids?

So, you can cast Level 1 Sacrifice on a Red Dragon, dealing say 700 damage (with enough intellect). At level 1 Sacrifice, 40% of that damage is 175, so you can increase your Shaman ranks by 1. It does not round up, it rounds down.

Level 3 Sacrifice does 60% instead of 40%.

If you have the Crown of Chaos, you can RESIST that 700 damage by 50%! So your Red Dragon will only take 350 damage, but you will still get 175 points of Creation HP.

A real shame, I get a weird feeling that they made it a LOT easier to get trophies now, and the Shaman is one of the few units you can't do it so easily.

Did you use the scanner to see if there are any other Shaman?

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-25-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

I found Sacrifice after reading your tip and started using it yesterday, i am now up to 89 shamans from 9 (using the spell), great spell it is (and perfect with a droid army which is what i have as well).

Current Game Status, level 40 warrior imposs no loss, no scanner, no kiting, doing for time(as quickly as i can) and am only on day 8 morning (have Pegasus).

Units Guard Droids (approx 160), Repair Droids (approx 250), 9 Rune Mages, 89 Shamans and 50 Engineers.

It is working out well for the most part but spellcasting Hero enemies leave me with a huge resurrection bill (i am really noticing once again just how overpowered the missing Paladin unit is).
Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I found Sacrifice after reading your tip and started using it yesterday, i am now up to 89 shamans from 9 (using the spell), great spell it is (and perfect with a droid army which is what i have as well).

Current Game Status, level 40 warrior imposs no loss, no scanner, no kiting, doing for time(as quickly as i can) and am only on day 8 morning (have Pegasus).

Units Guard Droids (approx 160), Repair Droids (approx 250), 9 Rune Mages, 89 Shamans and 50 Engineers.

It is working out well for the most part but spellcasting Hero enemies leave me with a huge resurrection bill (i am really noticing once again just how overpowered the missing Paladin unit is).
Yeah, Geyser is seriously annoying.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlister View Post
there are no ancient vampires for sale anywhere and no one will upgrade the regular ones for me.
I got four in my first game on like the second island. I obviously used them up and it was a blast. I even had the vampire sword. Much later I found the vampire ring and was all stoked, but yeah, no more ancient vampires in the world.

Quote:
So, I'm like, it's ok, I also completed the demon set. I'll just go get some sweet archdemons and succubus instead of vamps, and whip some ass! Nope again--the warrior counter-attack skill says it works with humanoids, but apparently the archdemon and demoness aren't considered humanoids. Really? Is it 'cause they have tails or something?
I'm not even sure what is considered humanoid. Imps, orcs, dwarves, fairies and lycanthropes are humanoid, but lizardmen and some demons aren't.

Quote:
I mean, it's still kinda fun. The demoness's crit for 16-18k, and they crit frequently (wish the demon tongue was a part of the demon set instead of the salamander banner--such a miss there).
Yeah, I modded the set to do just that, actually. I found the salamander banner and was like "wow this kinda blows, the demon tongue is loads better" so I felt it was fair. I also changed demonesses to have 3 speed and a 20% charm effect on the normal attack (a la Dryad) although enemies still counter if you charm them, yet you deal zero damage. Three-way and no-retaliation would be apt for a succubus, but I think that's a bit too ambitious.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Wait, sacrifice works on droids? From what i remembered, it doesn't.