Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Registered Member

Default Advice on choosing units and Morale bug

Well, im bored of my first walkthough with CW, my game wasnt very good, shops didnt sell worthy things and the only full set i managed to find was the techno-whatever for dwarves wich i used with engineers and droids, a very overpowered combination i must say, i could do lethal enemies with ease with them, but quickly got bored, so i started a new run, kitted my way to shetterra
and by day 2 i was level 14, destroying everything with the dragon eggs i picked up in the islands.

but im not very creative at choosing units, i want something that is very fun to play with.

i usually go, tank, archmages, some reviving units, and a damage dealer, except the droid build wich was enginners, repair droids, guard droids, archmages, and royal snakes.

i want this time go heavy, an army capable of crippling the enemy really fast, im a warrior so, i dont wanna relly much on ranged units though.

i thought about dryads and fairyes, goblins, and orcs, cant make my mind, and i dont have much gold to try different setups.
for tanks, red dragons, trolls or...?
so what would be your recomendation?

and about the morale bug, well it happens to be most annoying, for example at the begining, when you have the portrat of a knight and human units, you equip the portrat but when you change the unit position to another position where a neutral morale troop was, the human morale changes as well to to neutral, and when you put it back to its initial position the morale rises again, but even unequipping it and changing units, and triying to fix it wont work, so , whats up with that?

Last edited by Nihilius; 12-07-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

I'd recomend using all same race unit than all archer unit if you prefer for non boring and very challenging unit.

Trust me, i've tried many combinations for many walkthroughs, all ranged or mostly ranged will bore you, same with 3 dragons army, though for 3 dragons army, the boredom comes from their overpoweredness.

Use all same race unit, i mean all humans, or all elves, all goblin, etc.

As for most versatile and non bored, i'd recomend elves or demons.

I've recently finished all elves. It is fun, especially for impossible no loss game, i'm trying to do impossible no loss game 7 days run, but fail at the 7 days goal. Nevertheless, it was the best of all my walkthroughs so far.

As for elves, i use dryads (mass disabler, very strong summon, best in long battles, has good opening), elves, faun (disabler, fear and sleep is nice, can do a combo with dryad sleep, has good opening), ancient ent (main tank and main melee disabler using entangle), paladin in specific situation (usually againts geyser maniac), unicorn (for againts undead and demon), druids (best elven rage gatherer, good summoner, beast/animal disabler).

Last edited by atlatea; 12-07-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

more advices?

my game didnt had elves in elon LOL
i only found fairyes and dryads
so my current army is both fairyes, paladins, archmages and goblins(jesus they overkill)
i need another army config for bosses and for enemy heroes (like hagni) any ideas?

and any info on the bug?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Don't try all goblins, too easy, as they're overpowered in CW because of adrenaline system.

Also don't try all undead, it's same as all goblin, though they won't destryoy all opposition as fast as all goblins, they're very safe and easiest to resurrect (with eviln spell).

All orcs are fine though. Well, the rest are fine too, and the hardest is all demons.

And by the way, you must bring paladins againts heroes and bosses.

You can use all humans againts hagni and most bosses. Most of them have good physical resistance, but they won't cripple enemies as fast as all elves. Keep stone skining againts her geyser, also use time back and phantom to your paladin whenever necessary.

As with all elves, your best friend is target, mass haste, stone skin and divine armor especially againts bosses and heroes. Ancient ent seems one of the most damaging lv 5.

I don't have any words to say about all dwarf, all lizard, all orc, all demon because i haven't tried them personally. Though i have feeling that all lizard seems as fun and good as all elves.

And as for the bug, yeah i experience the same thing, not only with that portrait item but paladin skill (persuasion) sometimes has the same bug as the one you mentioned.

Last edited by atlatea; 12-10-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Registered Member

Ill try ancient ents and see how they behave in battles, since i didnt find any elves nor hunters in the islands yet, ill try an all human config vs hagni,or at least many lvl 5... i tried to storm the castle at level i think 17 and she totally destroyed me with the geyser, mostly because my damage dealers were lvl 2 and they fell really quick. i might try the droid config just to beat her, but the geyser is still a pain in the ass, cant even summon mystic egg because she always target it with magic.

Dont know, need to elaborate something.

as for all undead army, i once tried it, it was fun, necromancers was dealing most damage with the bone dragos behind, but the fact that i had to resurrect everyone with evlin made it hard to go a no loss gameplay.

I tried all demons too, a lot of fun, but the most hard to revive, you cant heal with normal means unless you mix another races in there, so keeping an all demons army is quite challenging indeed.

Also, any recommendation in dealing with keepers?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

I think lv 17 is too low to tackle hagni. Ideal lv is about 25 or 30.

Yet undead have units that can't be retaliated, have target spell, and your problem are solved, except perhaps gaints geyser maniac or dragons team.

You still need paladin even if you go orcs, elves, etc. The only exception is all demon and undead.

By keepers do you mean keeper of the eventus tower or arfifact keeper or other keeper?

If it is keeper of the eventus tower, then you can't have all race army (all humans, all elves, etc), because you can only bring one of your troop, you must choose the rest from the random troop inside the tower.

As for the guide to this tower, just search the thread in this forum. Though i personally recomend black dragons for all floors except the unit copy floor.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Though i personally recomend black dragons for all floors except the unit copy floor.
What you recommend for unit copy floor ????
Old 12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

i did with thorns, so they are fragile like hell .. fire rain fire rain .. finished bedfore they moved
Old 12-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Peasants.

I remembered trying to do it with a solo stack of trolls... peasants are a little easier.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Just like what ckdamascus and Elwin said, generally use a very slow non shooting fragile unit, well, in fact it slightly depends on the random unit you can buy in that floor.