Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

View Poll Results: Will you participate in this tournament?
Yes. Definitely. Picking this option means the OP will PM you when the tournament is ready. 7 70.00%
Yes, but it depends. Not a definite answer, and the OP will not bother you. 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Colour me intrigued.

If you get this going, I'd certainly give it a go.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
From our side I think we can organize prizes for this tournament (like t-shirt and free games).
Wow. Did NOT expect that. :O Well, that is indeed quite encouraging and definitely makes the tournament worth winning!

@Zhuangzi: I would prefer if I could get a tournament of eight, as we can have three rounds with each round allowing progressively more gold/leadership to be spent for bigger and more epic battles.

As I said, I would be willing to make a tiny four-man tournament if I could get four dedicated votes, but if there's gonna be phat lootz involved I feel there should be a little more of a challenge!

EDIT: @Dwagginz: Excellent! It might take some time but I will definitely work on it (already started, in fact. Various testing to see what I need to eliminate from the tournament) and get the ball rolling at some point or another.

Just a few more people! Come onnnnn.

Last edited by RYTEDR; 09-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Damn, if there's actual prizes involved I may have to cook up a good strategy and not just go magic resistant units+items+armageddon

Althought I may do that anyway, just because I can
Old 09-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

@Jaedar: Careful now, and make sure you have a battle plan for each stage of the tournament, as there will be a massive increase in leadership and gold as the game goes on, from hardly anything to tons. First round in the tournament you'll be very scarce on both of these resources.

As a forewarning, as of the moment rage and the pet dragon are removed from the tournament. As it stands I do not know whether or not if I will be able to set up the rage mechanics for the AI. That means many items and skills will have to be changed.

What parameter do you believe should replace +rage on items and skills? I was thinking along the lines of crit, but I believe that would make it too easy to have max-crit setups. Suggestions are welcome.

Also, as a tiny bonus for people who are interested: I uploaded all the character portraits in the game to megaupload and if you'd like to download it and choose the portrait that'll be used in the tournament that'd be great. Either my upload or browse the files on your own computer. Whichever's to your liking.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAIWR1W0
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedar View Post
Damn, if there's actual prizes involved I may have to cook up a good strategy and not just go magic resistant units+items+armageddon

Althought I may do that anyway, just because I can
Just to note, Armageddon does Astral damage, so Magic resistence will not help you there . Still, A certain piece of armor and crown wouldn't be a bad way to go.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Approved Member

So yeah, you have preset armies, and you fight them with preset Amelies?

The only real question is do enemies have the same 'skills' as she does, or just stats and modifiers?

How will entry work? You say we have multiple 'rounds' where we get more leadership? That sounds sorta interesting.

I'd consider going with an army like:

Alchemists
Bone Dragons
Royal Snakes
Assassins
Skeleton Archers

Sure it'd likely have low morale, but it'd be so frustrating to fight against.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Yes, you will prepare everything with your "own" Amelie and I will use the entirety of that setup for the tournament.

Rounds will work like this: With every victory in the tournament you are awarded a fixed sum of leadership and gold for you to bolster yourself in the next fight. Keep in mind that in the very first match of the tournament, you will have to explore the dynamic of having very scarce resources. Because of this, you have to decide which units would be good for "early" game and which should be used for "late" game. For every round I will make a modified version of the original map and send it to you via a PM. This is a continuation of your setup and amount of gold left over along with the additional gold and leadership available to you through progressing the tournament. You will use the latest map I sent you to continue your "growth" in the tournament. Therefore, you should only use the base map for the first round, as that's the basic template for the tournament.

I'm trying to make it as simple as I can. I'm not so good at explaining things.

In terms of skills. I'm...working on it. Initially I was under the impression that skills could be added to enemy heroes the same way you can add spells. It does not appear that way at all, and I'm having trouble finding an easy solution. However, there are workarounds.

Some skills may hit the chopping board if I have too much trouble making them work, but I have a few tricks in mind for making both sides even and fair. When the tournament is ready to start I will have all the information prepared. I would prefer to keep as much content as I can in the game, as every mechanic I cut out will further limit strategic options, so I believe for the most part all of the Might/Mind/Magic skills will be intact, (albeit a bit altered) except perhaps some of the more complicated ones.

Last edited by RYTEDR; 09-23-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hi OP, hope I`m not too late but if there is a space left I`d like to take part.....sounds a great idea.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Absolutely not. Thank you. I actually would like a few more people, so there's plenty of room for you. XD
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

RYTEDR how the preparations are going? As promised the winner will get a free game from our on-line shop?