Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

View Poll Results: Will you participate in this tournament?
Yes. Definitely. Picking this option means the OP will PM you when the tournament is ready. 7 70.00%
Yes, but it depends. Not a definite answer, and the OP will not bother you. 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
RYTEDR how the preparations are going? As promised the winner will get a free game from our on-line shop?

Thanks for the bump, Nike-it. Well, if that's a definite reward I should change the name of the thread then!

I'm still working on it, don't worry, but it's proving to be quite the challenge. There's so much consideration of balance that I'm trying to work out. I'm thinking of simplifying the tournament a bit, but I really don't want to do this, because what's the fun in playing a watered-down version of KB anyway?

If anyone would be willing the lend a hand, that is deeply appreciated. Anyone with knowledge of LUA scripts of any kind could be a great help to me.

What I'm working on ATM:

Editing the behavior of enemy orc adrenaline: At the moment, enemy orcs (the ones who are not on the player side in battle) are given a random amount of adrenaline or increase the amount of max adrenaline based on the level of difficulty on the location. I need to edit this to simply give the amount of adrenaline I so please. I need this highly editable and precise, so I can simulate the effects of some skills.

Runemages: Enemy runemages also receive a random number of rune-related buffs, even though the AI cannot gather runes. I need to specify the number "runes" the enemy has, based on what the tournament contender has.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Any updates?

This idea is too cool to die
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Thank you very much for the bump, and don't think I have forgotten about this. I've just been busy as of late and have encountered more and more problems, but have also been able to fix some issues as well.

As of the moment, armor-bearers are on shaky ground, and may or may not be removed depending on how much difficulty I have with them. Only companions from OotM will make it, if any. (The scripted events that some of the other companions have are proving troublesome.)

MEDALS ARE REMOVED. Considering this is a tournament, it's pretty much a given anyway, and their presence is pretty pointless since your army is controlled by the AI. All and all, not a huge loss.

Skills continue to be an issue for me, especially unique skills like frenzy and adrenaline, but I won't give up on them just yet. Will get back to that later.

Basically, this is taking longer than I thought, but I AM working on it, I assure you. I will give further updates when things are steadily moving along.