Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Buying a Digital Copy

Just a dumb quick question to everyone. I really hate steam and the program it uses that forces you to use it to open up a game. I tried one game from steam and I'll never be using steam again just because of that god awful program that spams your game while you play it.

I'm wondering what the other download sites are like (direct2drive, gamersgate, impulse, etc). I couldn't care less about an activation code, it's really not a big deal to me to take a few moments, punch in a few numbers and activate the damn thing permanently.

Any of the other D2D sites that act like you're basically just downloading the DVD of the game?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Always use Gamersgate. Nothing wrong with them, and none of the tricks that Steam and Direct2Drive play.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrignoc View Post
Just a dumb quick question to everyone. I really hate steam and the program it uses that forces you to use it to open up a game. I tried one game from steam and I'll never be using steam again just because of that god awful program that spams your game while you play it.

I'm wondering what the other download sites are like (direct2drive, gamersgate, impulse, etc). I couldn't care less about an activation code, it's really not a big deal to me to take a few moments, punch in a few numbers and activate the damn thing permanently.

Any of the other D2D sites that act like you're basically just downloading the DVD of the game?
You can buy the game here at 1cpublishing shop, just click the shop button on the main site.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

I bought the Impulse version........and it didn't ask for any activation after it installed.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbie View Post
I bought the Impulse version........and it didn't ask for any activation after it installed.
I also bougth from Impulse and it asks activation when you first time play game, at least for me. Btw I am happy with Impulse, never had any problems with it.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

I guess I was just lucky.
I bought the Platinum edition and I didn't have to activate either The Legend or the Crossworlds game. I'm not complaining but it seems very curious that's all.

And I always prefer Impulse over Steam.....and they released their version of the hotfix just a couple of days after 1C released theirs......unlike the poor suffering Steam users.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

I use Gamersgate as much as I can and have had no problems ever with them.
Steam is a different matter completely.....ergh!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

I find Direct2Drive to be an excellent service.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

I kinda feel that official shop is safe place to buy.
Finally i bought a copy of CW today ;D so downloading and i am coming back to KB