Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Yeah it works tx a lot
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

14:18 Chicago time and finally Steam is allowing Crossworlds to be downloaded to my account. Hopefully all is well after this finishes downloading. Thanks to 1C for making the call to Steam and rattling someones cage over there.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

It looks they really have a red button and have to press it separately, maybe not for different users but for different regions. My game was unlocked several minutes after you guys posted that it worked. Fortunately, it needed only to download 35 MiB to work (initially, as I explain later), so it was fast.

I've noticed some changes in comparison to the "pre-release". The interface is no longer coloured according to campaign selected. The campaign can be switched instantly (there's no lag), but new game/load restart game without asking (but it's quick so not an issue). The game shows that there are 4 campaigns available, but there are five in my case (the gift bag is the fourth one, and the orcs are fifth), by the way all older saves work with they respective capmpaigns. There is also a bug with interface when playing Orcs on March campaign, but this may be an issue with corrupted file so I'm not delving into it for now. I performed validation and it said that it needs to reaquire over 1 Gbyte of data in 25 files. That's strange because I saw some new units, and had no crashes (so the data for them must be there) but I'll let steam do its part.

So, there were some problems but it seems evetyrhing will be fine.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko Kila View Post
It looks they really have a red button and have to press it separately, maybe not for different users but for different regions. My game was unlocked several minutes after you guys posted that it worked. Fortunately, it needed only to download 35 MiB to work (initially, as I explain later), so it was fast.

I've noticed some changes in comparison to the "pre-release". The interface is no longer coloured according to campaign selected. The campaign can be switched instantly (there's no lag), but new game/load restart game without asking (but it's quick so not an issue). The game shows that there are 4 campaigns available, but there are five in my case (the gift bag is the fourth one, and the orcs are fifth), by the way all older saves work with they respective capmpaigns. There is also a bug with interface when playing Orcs on March campaign, but this may be an issue with corrupted file so I'm not delving into it for now. I performed validation and it said that it needs to reaquire over 1 Gbyte of data in 25 files. That's strange because I saw some new units, and had no crashes (so the data for them must be there) but I'll let steam do its part.

So, there were some problems but it seems evetyrhing will be fine.
Except where are the editor textures?...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Ok, then going to bed finally, otherwise my missus will kick me out in the morning
Old 09-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor26 View Post
Except where are the editor textures?...
Hm, I haven't started editor, there may be some problems with it. This is another difference - there's no editor in the TOOLS tab of Steam, so it can't be downloaded separately at all. Maybe this is another issue to work on for megakill
Or maybe it will show, in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
Ok, then going to bed finally, otherwise my missus will kick me out in the morning
Then have good night! (and I think it's better to be kicked out in the morning than in the midnight, so it could be worse )
Old 09-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

I will check what the hell is the problem with the editor with Steam. I have requested some test keys from them, but I can't check this until Monday
Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko Kila View Post
Hm, I haven't started editor, there may be some problems with it. This is another difference - there's no editor in the TOOLS tab of Steam, so it can't be downloaded separately at all. Maybe this is another issue to work on for megakill
Or maybe it will show, in time.

Then have good night! (and I think it's better to be kicked out in the morning than in the midnight, so it could be worse )
The editor listed in tools menu is actually the texture pack but for some reason it isnt there now
Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

They are saying they are working on all the problems, as well as adding KB Platinum pack with all the games in one pack at a nice price included. Oh well, will see what is going on on the morning. Hope I won't see 5000 angry posts here that smth is wrong again.