Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 07-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Default I'll work on another update soon...

I'm glad you finished the game!

Thanks for providing all these fixes!

I'll work on the fixes you provided hopefully during the coming weekend...

/C\/C\
Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation All changes implemented except for these...

Okay, I've implemented all changes, except those identified below (or I elaborated on what was changed where necessary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohi64 View Post
and the rest I couldn't fit into the previous post.

7: begs -> begs for
And fixed spiders underground to be Griffin's underground.

Quote:
4: taking -> having (it's in the forest)
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "Wonderful place for taking a rest". I would say "I'm going to take a rest in the forest", rather than "I'm going to have a rest in the forest". The word "take" here seems more assertive than "have".

Quote:
a few more.

1, bosses combat -> boss combat
2, swear in the sunrays -> swear on + in the currents -> on the currents
3, in the waters -> on the waters (also, hunters-ships would be hunter-ships, I think)
Since it is a department, they can call it whatever they like. I have no problem with Bosses Combat Department.

I implemented 2 as:

"I swear this on my blood and all the suuunrays, wind cuuurrents, and sea splaaashes of Endoria!"

This wording seemed to work better and be more consist with the turtle's speech.

For 3, I used:

"That's what I call my special hunter-ships, which maintain order of the coastal waters."

Went with "hunter-ships" and I could actually see the governor using "in the coastal waters" instead of "on" like you suggested, but I went with "of" to be more generic and mean both "in" and "on" just in case he's interested in order on the surface and below (which is perhaps why they chose "in" originally). I also changed "keep" to "maintain" since it just sounded better to me.

Quote:
the next batch.

3, crown -> Crown (or Crown -> crown) to be consistent + attack duke's castle -> attack the duke's castle
I went with "Crown" and also capitalized the "k" in "the King of Griffins" to make it more regal so: "I need the Crown of the King of Griffins".

Quote:
1, signed _by_ the...
2, captain -> Captain (also in the same file, eng_chat_1825948338_0942664360.lng, Follow captain Wetbelly's ship... -> Captain)
3, didn't seen -> haven't seen
1. Fixed all "signed by the" errors as well as there was "the the ownership" changed to just "ownership".

2. Fixed two other "captain" -> "Captain" as well in the same file.

3. "didn't seen" -> "didn't see" also in another file as well (eng_chat_0167650531_1463280583.lng).

Quote:
2, marshan swamp -> the marshan swamp (twice)
3, and once more here
4, cast -> casts
2 & 3. Okay, all "the Marshan Swamp" references are now just "Marshan Swamp" and also all "the Verlon Forest" references are just "Verlon Forest".

4. "cast fears" -> "casts fear"

Quote:
next batch, part 1.

2, so comfortable as it here in the mines -> as comfortable as it is here (50 hour and 60 hour should also be 50-hour and 60-hour)
3, submit -> submitted (I'd also leave out the second which and the comma before it)
2. "50 hour" / "60 hour" changed to "50-hour" / "60-hour" also in eng_chat_2089187752_0572642348.lng

3. "A competently composed document, which contains a great number of demands, which the striking dwarves submit to their chief." -> "A competently composed document, which contains a great number of demands the striking dwarves submitted to their chief."

Quote:
part 2.

6, show me, what -> no comma + only in complete solitude _do_ people reach
7, where are we -> where we are
8, kronberg -> I think castle kronberg would be better. I actually had to think if kronberg's even a real place in the game, I was sure they meant greenwort. (sure, it's written in the top left corner when I'm at the main castle but it's not that obvious.)
6. Hmmm...

"You see, my theory is based on the fact that only in complete solitude people reach a higher understanding of themselves and the world around them"

vs

"You see, my theory is based on the fact that only in complete solitude do people reach a higher understanding of themselves and the world around them."

The word "do" seems implied by the conversation and omitting it seems more natural during conversation even though it may be grammatically incorrect, there should be a period at the end, though. I left "do" out since omitting it seems more natural in a conversation to me.

7. Interesting comment about this one - it is sometimes natural for someone to respond with the same phrase as asked, for example: "Where are we?" may be responded as "You asked where are we?" or "You said where are we?", but I think Umdar is intelligent enough that he would change the words as you suggest (and it probably is more natural to say it that way when using the present tense of "ask").

8. There are two other places where they refer to Kronberg like this, so I think it's okay.

Quote:
part 3.

11, two-handled -> two-handed + dragons blood -> dragons' blood
I also changed "specially" -> "especially".

Quote:
4, captain -> Captain + its -> it's
I also searched all files for "captain" and tried to capitalize the "c" where it was being used as a title or as a proper name when talking to the various captains of the game.

Quote:
2, the huge -> a huge
4, no need for a comma after but
5, brave men as you -> like you
2. "The huge heavy chest, decorated with gold and jewels, the emblem of the royal family emblazoned on the lid." -> "A huge heavy chest, decorated with gold and jewels and emblazoned with the emblem of the royal family on the lid."

4. Comma moved to before but, where it should be.

Quote:
a few more before I move on to the elven lands.

12, griffin's king -> the griffin king or the griffins' king
12. Went with "the griffin king".

Quote:
1, world of death -> land of death
1. They seem to use Land of Death and World of Death interchangeably so I didn't change it.

Quote:
a ton of stuff but I'm at haas' labyrinth now, so only 2 areas left (that and murock).

2, it -> It
2. Also "them a good health" -> "them good health".

Quote:
6, lady -> Lady (although it might not be her title, it still looks better this way), house of -> House of
7, lady -> Lady
6. & 7. Went through and found one other place where it was just lady Beaulla - I followed your advice and made it "Lady Beaulla".

Quote:
11, one of many where it says dragon's labyrinth instead of dragons' labyrinth
12, the same, twice
14, same as #11-12
11., 12., and 14. Okay fixed all occurrences: "Dragon's Labyrinth" -> "Dragons' Labyrinth".

Quote:
final batch, I've finished the game (it was awesome).

3, titan/Titan inconsistency
3. Okay replaced all "titan" -> "Titan" (and variants).

Okay, that's it - release soon to follow!

Thanks for providing all these fixes - they really helped!

/C\/C\
Old 08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
Okay, that's it - release soon to follow!
looking forward to it
Old 08-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Post Here are some I found during my last playthrough...

Here are some I found during my last playthrough:

1. "Not a very good either way." -> "Not very good either way." and "Catch up with me at first." -> "Catch up with me first." Both in eng_chat_0931157929_1730928058.lng
2. "and the hollow" -> "and hollow" in eng_items.lng
3. "Now you will rob my castle?", probably should omit "will" -> "Now you rob my castle?" in eng_chat_0863230716_0555851334.lng
4. "Let's ask fast-fast." -> "Let's act fast-fast." in eng_chat_0939210550_1308953381.lng
5. I also fully capitalized "Griffin's Underground".

Unfortunately, right now I can't post any attachments so I can't attach any pictures or upload my latest update.

I'm hoping the moderators will get this fixed on my account shortly (I'm using a total of ~39MB and my quota has been set to ~1MB - obviously way too low for my needs!) so that I can once again post attachments.

/C\/C\
Old 08-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Cool Here's V1.3

Thanks to @nearmiss for fixing the issue with my account!

Here's info about V1.3 taken from the included readme file:

Version: 1.3
------------

Implemented all fixes described through post #60 of this forum topic: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27813
Thanks for all @Dohi64's comments - they were really helpful!

Any exceptions are mentioned in this post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...0&postcount=62

I also added a few more identified here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=64

Okay, that's it!

If anyone finds any more issues, please post them here and we'll work on a V1.4.

Thanks again to @Dohi64!

Matt

/C\/C\
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBTLEnglishGrammarSpellingPatchV1.3.zip (761.0 KB, 179 views)
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

thanks for putting it all together. we should do this again, I'm planning on playing crossworlds next year
Old 08-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
thanks for putting it all together. we should do this again, I'm planning on playing crossworlds next year
That would be great! There is a lot of work to do there!

/C\/C\
Old 02-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Hey guys, how's it going? Krippbugmenottarian here. Today I want to let you guys know I really appreciated your work and I want to thank you with my click and download.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

This is many years later, but I'm so glad you took the time to make this patch. Love the game, but the original translation was rough. Thank you for taking the time to make this, I hope you know it's still helping people years down the road.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePlatypus View Post
This is many years later, but I'm so glad you took the time to make this patch. Love the game, but the original translation was rough. Thank you for taking the time to make this, I hope you know it's still helping people years down the road.
I still have screenshots and notes from crossworlds (from 2017, not 2015 as planned above) but op was gone by then, so no patch for that. and I didn't even take notes while playing wotn last year for the same reason.