Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Default Is it Leonar or Leonard?

Change "Leonar" to "Leonard" - I've struggled over this one, but I saw both references in The Legend, but only saw "Leonard" in AP from what I remember. So I tried to change them all to Leonard. Looks like I missed this one.

Change "but" to "when" although that is a little weak as well. The word "that" might be better than "when". That whole sentence just doesn't sound quite right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carl Leonard 1.jpg (151.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Default ...

Change "inhabited" to "inhabit".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swamp Spirit Sleem 1.jpg (154.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Default ...

Delete the word "the".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ice Spirit Lina 1.jpg (152.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Default ...

Change "I imagine" to "imagine" or "I can imagine".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ice Spirit Lina 2.jpg (123.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Default ...

Change "got" to "gotten".

Ok, that's the latest batch that I've noticed so far through my current playthrough.

Note that if you crop the pictures like I did, don't cut off the name at the top - I need that to determine which file I need to edit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Master Trigius 2.jpg (151.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Default One more!

Delete the word "the".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg King Mark 2.jpg (132.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Update V1.1

Okay, I finally managed to implement all the changes I found through the previous posts.

There's a newer update, get it here.

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 08-13-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: New update available!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

sorry for bumping, just wanted to say, awesome job! I've noticed a couple mistakes myself but I'm only a couple hours into the game so they're probably fixed already.

what also bugged me - and it's not corrected with the mod either - is the intro text being very different (same meaning but still) from the spoken one but I'm not gonna see it again, so no big deal.

but my biggest gripe is the double spaces at the end of almost every line, before the last word. tried several resolutions and it's still there but it's probably related to it because of the justified text (I also looked into the files and didn't notice double spaces).
Old 05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohi64 View Post
sorry for bumping, just wanted to say, awesome job! I've noticed a couple mistakes myself but I'm only a couple hours into the game so they're probably fixed already.
Thanks!

If you see errors, post them like I did above with your preferred correction - it seems like every time I play I find more.

I've got a handful of screen captures post V1.1 that I'd like to implement in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohi64 View Post
what also bugged me - and it's not corrected with the mod either - is the intro text being very different (same meaning but still) from the spoken one but I'm not gonna see it again, so no big deal.

but my biggest gripe is the double spaces at the end of almost every line, before the last word. tried several resolutions and it's still there but it's probably related to it because of the justified text (I also looked into the files and didn't notice double spaces).
You know, I guess I haven't listened to the introduction in such a long time I hadn't even realized the spoken text was different than the written words. I'll check into that - not sure what you mean about the double spaces, but if the text is justified (I honestly don't remember since I usually just skip the intro) then that is automatically handled by game code and there is nothing that can be done there.

Well, anyway thanks for the comments!

I wish they would have the person that actually gets paid to do all this translation stuff continue to work on fixing grammar errors or they should also hire an editor to polish the text before initial release, because it should not be up to us, the fans of the game, to fix these issues. Oh well...

/C\/C\
Old 05-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

well, I've just run kbscanner on my save file, just to see what to expect, and saw that there's only 3 mage artifacts in my game and 2 of those are in the gray wasteland, so I'm gonna restart and maybe catch a couple of typos. the camera mod I've tried didn't work unfortunately, so I'll have to double check if this makes any difference (though it's not a mod, it replaces another file, so it has to work).

I've noticed that your file is about 100k smaller than the original but it turns out my version has some german and french text in the .kfs file, that's why.

the double spaces are not in the intro text but in-game, unfortunately. it looks as if the game justifies the lines by putting extra spaces before the last word only, which looks weird. here's an example taken at 1152x864 but it's there in some form at 1024x768 and 1280x960 as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb1.jpg (59.0 KB, 4 views)