Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 11-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

Cool New Mod Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Babies!

The mod can be downloaded here!

What if you and the various wives in King's Bounty: The Legend created the Heroes of Might and Magic 3?

That is the premise of a new mod that I'm working on that I'm classing more as a micro / mini expansion pack for King's Bounty: The Legend.

The mod is currently in the alpha stage and I am in the quality assurance phase of the project.

Nonetheless, the mod is sufficiently stable to play a game all the way through and nearing a beta release!

If you are interested in play testing this mod / mini / micro expansion and providing feedback on your experience, then P.M. me with your email address and I will email you the pertinent files.

Note that due to the state of the project, files are still being modified and changed regularly as the quality assurance phase finds and fixes errors that I've made; however, every change has been tested at least once and so I'm hoping to cycle through the code and check more permutations for errors / issues that are currently unknown to me.

Here is the link to the YouTube video: http://youtu.be/JE0VbSnfYkM

Please watch and provide comments!

I've spent over a year working on this project in my free time after working long days at work and it is now time for people to start playing it and provide me feedback. I'm very proud of the work I've done and it will revolutionize how you play the game!

More information to follow shortly!

Matt

P.S. I'm not affiliated in any way with 1CC or Katauri Interactive and I'm hoping to create some modding guides in the future once I finish this project from everything I've learned during this process.

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 01-15-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated with new download link!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Great job man. It a big change, and a lott of work to make all this in game
I like your idea for spell moding, and partial skill bonuses for units (like in AP neatness give bonus only for mechanic and no other unit , bad idea developers ). Now demons dont have any bonus in all skill from any hero class, elves almost the same no bonuses ecsept quick draw for archers.
I mainly play CW now, but check forum for other KB games and find jewel from time to time, like your mod. I would like to check it if possible to see how you changed hero skill files and spells to try to transfer it to AP/CW.
Couple questions : why not edit all spirit skills (not massive changes, but just to add something new)?
did you add/change any items here ? , and how did you add stats bonus to some spells (like phoenix summon from skill) ?
If i earn any gold from moding i make for AP/CW, i`ll send you % from it
W8ing for your mod to see what else you managed (asmirhetf@yahoo.com).
Keep up with great ideas man

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 11-12-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Smile You're reading my mind!

Thanks! It has been a lot of work, but very rewarding at the same time!

You're reading my mind about AP/CW. The idea was to release the mod on The Legend first, since I think it is superior to AP/CW in the spirit area (but AP/CW superior in other areas) and then translate the mod to AP/CW.

The mod will be called Tomes of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and instead of the HOMM3 heroes being babies, they'll be tomes (or books) that you can equip on your hero. The same system will be used to update those expansion packs eventually, but it takes time!

As far as the spirit abilities are concerned, I love the spirit abilities in The Legend, but this is where I think the developers failed in AP/CW as all the pet dragons have the same abilities. Once again, you're reading my mind, but the idea would be to look at the AP/CW spirit abilities and then take the 9 individual abilities and have 3-6 be common between the similar pet dragons and then add many new abilities to give that pet dragon a personality - just like I feel the spirits in The Legend have. I'm not even sure if it's doable, but that was one of my ideas.

As far as items are concerned, the new HOMM3 babies count as items (163 new babies + 2 new wives), but I did not add any new items since I felt that it had already been done with the Gift Bag and AP/CW.

Give me a bit of time (should be done today) to put together a little README.TXT file for my mod and then I'll email it to you so that you can check it out. I think you'll really enjoy the challenge of playing - especially the limitations to Mana / Rage gain and the new impossible difficulty bonuses! Also I have no problem if you want to implement anything I've done in AP/CW (or even TL for that matter) - just give me credit. I'll eventually get to transferring this mod to AP/CW, but that is still quite a bit on the horizon right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Great job man. It a big change, and a lott of work to make all this in game
I like your idea for spell moding, and partial skill bonuses for units (like in AP neatness give bonus only for mechanic and no other unit , bad idea developers ). Now demons dont have any bonus in all skill from any hero class, elves almost the same no bonuses ecsept quick draw for archers.
I mainly play CW now, but check forum for other KB games and find jewel from time to time, like your mod. I would like to check it if possible to see how you changed hero skill files and spells to try to transfer it to AP/CW.
Couple questions : why not edit all spirit skills (not massive changes, but just to add something new)?
did you add/change any items here ? , and how did you add stats bonus to some spells (like phoenix summon from skill) ?
If i earn any gold from moding i make for AP/CW, i`ll send you % from it
W8ing for your mod to see what else you managed (asmirhetf@yahoo.com).
Keep up with great ideas man
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Wow, fantastic work, Matt! These are some great ideas to spice things up, and hopefully increase the challenge. I haven't played HOMM3, so I'm unfamiliar with that portion, but I can't say I disagree with any of the changes I could see in the YouTube video. The wives, childrens, and Phoenix summons were in desperate need of revision.

I'm definitely going give your mod a try--I'm currently in the middle of my self-modded all Dwarf game--and will let you know when I get to it. This sounds like it will add a lot of replay to KBtL.

(Unfortunately, I can't read the in-game screens on the YouTube video due to my monitor's limitations, so I can't comment on them yet, but will check it out again on a different monitor.)

EDIT: OK, I've seen the trailer on a different monitor now. It sounds very interesting, and will definitely make the game a serious challenge with enemy heroes regaining mana, for instance. How did you come up with the numbers for the changes you made, for example: the huge increase in mana cost for the Helplessness spell? And have you done much checking for game balance, yet?

Last edited by Helios; 11-14-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Smile Rationale to changes mentioned

With respect to a lot of the changes I made, I used a formulaic approach to the value adjustments.

For example, if any spell was mass at level 3 and the only difference between its level 2 and level 3 values were mass, then I simply multiplied the mana cost by 5 (assuming it could be cast on 5 units simultaneously). This way, all the spells that I made mass (list coming shortly) are essentially automatically balanced if I get the mana cost for level 2 right.

I also used a formulaic approach for computing the mana cost for each spell level based on a formula that compared the increase in spell values from level 1 to level 2 and then applied the average increase to the mana cost. This makes the spell mana cost parameter driven which aids in balancing out the costs.

The only issue is then whether the level 1 values are consistent. This is the subjective part here and may be a part that needs some tweaking based on feedback, but I think I got the "feel" of most spell's level 1 mana cost about right and therefore the level 2 and 3 values "feel" right to me since they are all driven. I still have a favored spell's list so I'm biased by that and so could use feedback on spells that I don't use as often. Time will tell.

I essentially used this same formulaic approach for the skill tree where I compared the level 1 values to level 2 and 3. So for example if I had a skill that gave +5%, +15%, and +30% to a value, then I could simply decide what I wanted the runes to be for level 1, and then level 2 would use twice as many runes (15-5 = +10 - twice as much as +5) and then level 3 would be the sum of the rune cost for level 1 and level 2 (levels 1 and 2 brought you to +15 so spend the same amount for another +15). Once again if a skill had more than one value, then I averaged the increases to get an estimate. I used a master skill list rune cost and compared it to the number of runes you could get via level up to determine if the level 1 skill runes needed to change. Once again, somewhat subjective, but I had the total rune count to aid me with reducing / increasing the level 1 skill value and then the level 2 and 3 runes were automatically computed.

With respect to the additional values that some skils have, I used (I think it was) Razorflame's original post plus people's comments (along with my own opinion) to give weak skills more bonuses to make them better. Now I feel most skills are pretty useful especially with respect to those skills in your hero's class skill tree.

By the way, for those who played my Emperor of the Fading Suns Hyperion mod back in the day, I used this same formulaic approach to design units that were based on their resource inputs. This worked incredibly well for designing well-balanced units and I received a tremendous amount of positive feedback to how good the mod was because of this methodology.

So I approached this mod with the same mindset and I think it has worked incredibly well so far. Time will tell, and certainly I only have a sample of 1 right now and so will rely on feedback to aid with setting up the initial conditions, but I can tell you that I'm having more fun playing this instead of Armored Princess and Crossworlds, which I will hopefully get to modding after I'm done with this mod.

For spirit abilities, I used another set of formulas to aid in setting the power, rage, etc. values. Single-target abilities grow by a factor of 100%, while multi-target, and all-target attacks grow by a formula based on level (which are more percentage based on the level 1 damage than the current level damage). The idea here was that Single-target abilities would do the most damage since they targeted a single unit, then multi-target abilities would do the next most damage, and all-target abilities the least so that there was some strategy associated with choosing an ability.

I did a similar thing for spells so that single target spells would not be so useless and the burn and poison damage system made choosing those spells more interesting because Magic Pole Axe might do more damage this turn, but Flaming Arrow or Poison Skull might do more damage over 2-4 turns. Also Ghost Sword does less damage than Magic Pole Axe, but may be able to do more damage than Magic Pole Axe to units with good physical resistance.

You also probably get more bang per buck with Flaming Arrow than Fire Ball or Fire Rain, but it takes longer to do more damage to multiple targets with Flaming Arrow and so there's the trade-off there. Then with respect to Fire Ball and Fire Rain, Fire Ball does more damage to the central target but less damage to the peripheral targets, whereas Fire Rain does more average damage to all targets.

These and other tradeoffs went through the spell redesign process and how to make spells more usefull and add strategy to their use. The original spell list balance I thought was especially weak and I only thought a handful of spells were useful. Now I feel that there are fewer useless spells.

Anyway, I've actually placed a lot of thought into the game and I've played the Mage 3 times, Warrior once, and am just starting my 2nd Paladin game all with my mod over the past year since I started (I've found that it seems to take me about 2 months or so to finish a game, when I'm playing, analyzing, modding, adding new features, and fixing issues).

I basically learned how to do virtually everything myself with the help of some of the posts in this forum. Unfortunately, since I got into this game about 2 years after it was released, I wasn't able to get really any help from any of the modders and developers of the game. This was especially true when it came to editing the *.CHAT files with their hexadecimal codes that I couldn't figure out how to generate. I PM'd quite a few people and essentially either no one responded or they responded with information that I already knew. So I basically had to just try it out and figure it out as I went.

The changes to River Fairy Diana and the new addition of Orcelyn Ordy seem to work okay, but I have no idea if there are any side effects from what I did since I couldn't get any help. Also, unfortunately, the Crossworlds Editor cannot import The Legend *.CHAT files - it crashes to desktop when I do it. So I had to look at the other wives as examples and have the new wife *.CHAT files use a lot of the same code.

More play testing will tell whether I got this right or not, but I was able to finish my last game with the River Fairy Diana changes. Orcely Ordy is completely new for this go around and I need to work on her dialog to make it more interesting, but you can at least talk to her and have babies!

By the way I'm slowly working on the Change List and have completed the *.ATOM change list and will post it shortly after this post.

Feel free to ask any more questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Wow, fantastic work, Matt! These are some great ideas to spice things up, and hopefully increase the challenge. I haven't played HOMM3, so I'm unfamiliar with that portion, but I can't say I disagree with any of the changes I could see in the YouTube video. The wives, childrens, and Phoenix summons were in desperate need of revision.

I'm definitely going give your mod a try--I'm currently in the middle of my self-modded all Dwarf game--and will let you know when I get to it. This sounds like it will add a lot of replay to KBtL.

(Unfortunately, I can't read the in-game screens on the YouTube video due to my monitor's limitations, so I can't comment on them yet, but will check it out again on a different monitor.)

EDIT: OK, I've seen the trailer on a different monitor now. It sounds very interesting, and will definitely make the game a serious challenge with enemy heroes regaining mana, for instance. How did you come up with the numbers for the changes you made, for example: the huge increase in mana cost for the Helplessness spell? And have you done much checking for game balance, yet?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Post *.ATOM New Abilities and Change List

Okay, here is the list of changes for all the *.ATOM files I changed in the game:

New ATOM Abilities and Changes
------------------------------

If a stat says +X or -Y delta it means that it is a change relative to its previous value. For example if it says Resist All +8 it means that each resistance is increase 8 points.
Also Resist All does not apply to astral resistance (just like the spell Divine Armor). Astral resistance is special and needed in order for certain damage effects to work correctly (like Ghost Sword) and so I have not changed any astral resistance values.
  • Alchemist - Resist All +8 delta
  • Skeleton Archer - Dragon Arrow:
    • May now be used when adjacent to an enemy without penalty
    • May target any unit on the battlefield (even if enemies are adjacent)
  • Friendly Tower
    • Base spells:
      • Haste - level dependent on tower level
      • Summon - level dependent on tower level
      • Dispel - level dependent on tower level
    • New extensible spell list based on:
      • Race (i.e. human, undead, neutral)
      • Feature (i.e. beauty, shot, humanoid)
      • Belligerence (i.e. friend or foe)
    • Random spells from "good spells" list
  • Evil Tower
    • Base Spells:
      • Slow - level dependent on tower level
      • Summon - level dependent on tower level
      • Dispel - level dependent on tower level
    • New extensible spell list based on:
      • Race (i.e. human, undead, neutral)
      • Feature (i.e. beauty, shot, humanoid)
      • Belligerence (i.e. friend or foe)
    • Random spells from "evil spells" list
  • Barbarian
    • New features:
      • Immune to mind spells
      • Primal Link (+2 morale to hyenas, graywolves, and all bears)
    • Fire, Physical, and Poison Resistance: +5 delta
  • Berserker - new features:
    • Primal Link (+2 morale to hyenas, graywolves, and all bears)
    • Fire, Physical, and Poison Resistance: +5 delta
  • Bear - new feature: Noble Beast (+2 moral to Barbarians and Berserkers)
  • Ancient Bear - new feature: Noble Beast (+2 moral to Barbarians and Berserkers)
  • Polar Bear - new feature: Noble Beast (+2 moral to Barbarians and Berserkers)
  • Black Dragon
    • Normal attack now has a 35% chance to burn target
    • Special attack now has a 70% chance to burn target
  • Bone Dragon - Special attack now has a 100% (+10% delta) chance to poison target
  • Bowman - Dragon Arrow:
  • Cannoneer - Resist All +8 delta
  • Cyclops - new features:
    • Stone Creature (resists 80% of arrow damage after physical resist)
    • Fire, Physical, Poison Resistance: +20 delta
  • Reaper:
    • Reaping:
      • Ability values changed
      • 2 more levels:
        • Rage reduction
        • Rest reduction
    • Rage Drain:
      • Ability values changed
      • 3 more levels:
        • 1 Ability level
        • 2 Rage reduction levels
    • Time Back:
      • Rage consumption and experience values changed
      • Added 1 new rest reduction level
    • Black Hole: ability values changed
  • Demon - domination is supposed to be +50% damage to level 1-3 creatures; however the min damage was wrong and has been fixed
  • Druid:
    • Cast Bear - now has a reload of 4 instead of just 1 charge
    • Cast Bear:
      • The custom parameters are now based on percent leadership
      • "caster" parameter removed since it wasn't being used
  • Dryad - Cast Thorn custom parameters now based on percent leadership
  • Dwarf - Resist All +7 delta
  • Elf - Dragon Arrow:
  • Hunter - Dragon Arrow:
  • Ent:
    • New features:
      • Wood Creature (resists 40% of arrow damage after physical resist)
      • Spirit of the Forest (+2 Morale to Royal Thorns)
      • Entangle
      • Poison Immunitity (see resistances)
    • Attacks changed:
      • New ability rooted (Tap Tree of Life)
      • New ability Summon Plant
    • New animation for Summon Plant
    • Main attack now has a 50% chance of entangling the unit (entangled units cannot move)
    • Resistances:
      • Fire: +50 delta
      • Magic: +50 delta
      • Physical: +25 delta
      • Poison: +30 delta (Poison Immunity)
    • Wasps ability
      • Can now be used when units are adjacent and can target non-adjacent units
      • Distance: +1 delta
      • No penalty for attacking adjacent units
    • Run ability is now disabled and only enabled after the Ent uses its Tap Tree of Life ability
  • Ancient Ent:
    • New features:
      • Wood Creature (resists 40% of arrow damage after physical resist)
      • Spirit of the Forest (+2 Morale to Royal Thorns)
      • Entangle
      • Poison Immunitity (see resistances)
    • Attacks changed:
      • New ability rooted (Tap Tree of Life)
      • New ability Summon Greater Plant
      • Reload ability removed
    • New animation for Summon Plant
    • New Run ability
    • Main attack now has a 50% chance of entangling the unit (entangled units cannot move)
    • Resistances:
      • Fire: +75 delta
      • Magic: +75 delta
      • Physical: +30 delta
      • Poison: +30 delta (Poison Immunity)
    • Wasps ability
      • Can now be used when units are adjacent and can target non-adjacent units
      • No penalty for attacking adjacent units
      • Now reloads @3
    • Run ability is now disabled and only enabled after the Ent uses its Tap Tree of Life ability
  • Evil Book Spell Level 1:
    • New features - Poison Immunity
    • Statistic changes:
      • Initiative: +2 delta
      • Hitback Protection (i.e. units cannot retaliate)
      • Resitances:
        • Physical: +5 delta
        • Poison: +30 delta
        • Fire: +5 delta
      • Charges - spell cast charges = 1
  • Evil Book Spell Level 2:
    • Statistic changes:
      • Attack: +10 delta
      • Defense: +10 delta
      • DefenseUp: +3 delta
      • Speed: +1 delta
      • Resistances:
        • Physical: +10 delta
        • Fire: +10 delta
      • Damage: +10 delta to +25 delta
      • Charges - spell cast charges = 2 (+1 delta)
  • Evil Book Spell Level 3:
    • Statistic changes:
      • Attack: +35 delta
      • Defense: +35 delta
      • DefenseUp: +9 delta
      • Speed: +2 delta
      • Critical Hit: +15 delta
      • Resistances:
        • Physical: +15 delta
        • Fire: +15 delta
      • Damage: +30 delta to +80 delta
      • Charges - spell cast charges = 3 (+2 delta)
  • Ghost
    • Resistances:
      • Magic: -100 delta
    • Damage type: Magic
    • Life Drain: 100% of damage (+70% was 30%)
  • Cursed Ghost
    • Resistances:
      • Magic: -100 delta
    • Damage type: Magic
    • Life Drain: 100% of damage (+50% was 50%)
  • Giant - Resist All: +10 delta
  • Green Dragon - Magic Resistance: +20 delta
  • Horseman - New ability: Charge! (similar to Cerberus Take in Armored Princess)
  • Imp - Fire Shot: +15% chance to burn target (was 0%)
  • Scoffer Imp - Fire Shot: +15% chance to burn target (was 0%)
  • Royal Thorn:
    • New features:
      • Thorn Commander (+3 to allied Thorns)
      • Poison Immunity
      • Resistances
        • Fire: +25 delta
    • Cast Thorn - custom parameters are now based on percent leadership
  • Lina:
    • Chargers: Ability values changed
    • Ice Ball:
      • Ability values changed
      • New ability values:
        • Attack - Gizmo's attack now increases
        • Defense - Gizmo's defense now increases
        • Initiative - Gizmo's initiative now increases
      • 2 more levels
        • 1 more rage level
        • 1 more rest level
    • Ice Thorns:
      • Ability values changed
      • 2 more levels
        • 1 more rage level
        • 1 more rest level
    • Gizmo:
      • Ability values changed
      • New ability values:
        • Charges - now many times Gizmo can Attack / Resurrect before it disappears
        • Action Points - how far can Gizmo move before it stops
        • Initiative - when does Gizmo move
      • 1 more rest level
  • Miner - Resist All: +5 delta
  • Ice Orb:
    • New features:
      • Mind Immunity
      • Poison Immunity (see resistances)
    • Statistic:
      • Attack: +10 delta
      • DefenseUp: +8 delta
    • Resistances:
      • Physical: +55 delta
      • Poison: +80 delta (Poison Immunity)
      • Fire: +50 delta
  • Phoenix Spell Level 1 (Young Phoenix):
    • New features:
      • Mind Immunity
      • Golem
    • Statistics:
      • Attack: +5 delta
      • Defense: +5 delta
    • Resistances:
      • Physical: +10 delta
      • Poison: +5 delta
      • Fire: +100 delta (super immunity)
    • Damage:
      • 50% astral
      • 50% fire
      • Burn: +40% delta (now 70%)
  • Phoenix Spell Level 2 (Mature Phoenix):
    • New features:
      • Mind Immunity
      • Golem
    • Statistics:
      • Attack: +20 delta
      • Defense: +15 delta
      • Critical Hit: -5% delta
    • Resistances:
      • Physical: +15 delta
      • Poison: +10 delta
    • Damage:
      • 50% astral
      • 50% fire
      • Overal: +10 delta to +20 delta
      • Burn: +35% delta (now 85%)
  • Phoenix Spell Level 3 (Ancient Phoenix):
    • New features:
      • Mind Immunity
      • Golem
    • Statistics:
      • Attack: +50 delta
      • Defense: +30 delta
      • DefenseUp: +7 delta
      • Critical Hit: -10% delta
    • Resistances:
      • Physical: +20 delta
      • Poison: +15 delta
    • Damage:
      • 50% astral
      • 50% fire
      • Overal: +20 delta to +0
      • Burn: +30% delta (now 100%)
  • Red Dragon - normal attack now has 25% chance to cause burning
  • Sleem:
    • Poisonous Spit - ability values changed
    • Evil Shoal - ability values changed
    • Cloud of Poison - ability values changed
    • Glot's Armor
      • Ability values changed
      • Resist All: +50 delta
  • Fire Spider:
    • New Features:
      • Demon
      • Poison Immunity -> Poison Defense (see resistances)
      • Fire Defense -> Fire Reistance (see resistances)
    • Resistances:
      • Poison: -25 delta (was +50 now is +25)
      • Fire: +25 delta (was +25 now is +50)
  • Sprite
    • New feature - cutie (similar to beauty - humanoids miss 20% of the time)
    • New avoid animation to go with cutie
  • Lake Fairy
    • New feature - cutie (similar to beauty - humanoids miss 20% of the time)
    • New avoid animation to go with cutie
  • Zerock:
    • Smashing Sword
      • New ability values
      • Now causes bleeding (100% of the time)
      • Bleeding decreases target's attack and defense
    • Stone Wall
      • New ability values
      • New defense parameter (value based on level)
      • New Resist All parameter (value based on level)
    • Rockfall
      • New ability values
      • Now causes stunning (percent based on level)
    • Underground Blades
      • New ability values
      • Now causes bleeding (percent based on level)
    • Stone Wall
    • Resist All: -1 delta
  • Thorn-Hunter:
    • New feature - Poison Immunity (see resistances)
    • New ability - Gift of Life (sacrifices unit to heal / resurrect another plant)
    • Poison Resistance: +30 delta (Poison Immunity)
    • Sowing - custom parameters are now based on percent leadership
    • New animation for Gift of Life
  • Thorn Warrior:
    • New feature - Poison Immunity (see resistances)
    • New ability - Gift of Life (sacrifices unit to heal / resurrect another plant)
    • Poison Resistance: +30 delta (Poison Immunity)
    • Sowing - custom parameters are now based on percent leadership
    • New animation for Gift of Life
  • Werewolf Elf / Werewolf- New Leader of the Pack (+1 Morale to Graywolves)

I can provide the rationale for any change if you have any questions about why I decided to change it - feel free to ask and this posting should serve as a good basis for discussion.

I'll try to work on the other file list changes over the next couple of weeks or so and get them out as well.

Thanks for reading!

/C\/C\ Matt

Click Here for the *.LNG List
Click Here for the *.TXT List

Last edited by MattCaspermeyer; 11-22-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Added links to other change lists
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Hello Mat I dl your mod and checked some things i wanted to copy to CW (spell mechanics, change to partial skill bonuses etc), but when i actually try to play game with your mod i get error : Error signature App name kb.exe, App version 0.0.0.0 . . .
So i cant even start game with your mod in game/data/mods/mod_homm3_babies . . .
What patch did you make mod for ? Or am i missing something else
Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Matt: The game won't load. I checked the lng files but can't imagine any other prefix than eng_ since my game is the english version, from the original (European if that matters) DVD disc, updated to version 1.7.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Incredible list of mods! This is going to be one that I download and try out in detail; thanks!

Some commentary and questions:
- mature & ancient phoenixes need to be Spell Level 2 & 3 (both say 1).
- fire spider has a vulnerability to poison (-25), your description says "Poison Defense"; should this be +25?
- for the Thorn plants' "Gift of Life", possibly change the name to "Mulch"?

I know that items + wives + troops all give cumulative morale bonuses (for example, human + undead + demon without Tolerance == really bad human morale), but:
- is it correct that between WerElf and Barbarians, grey wolves could get +3 morale?
- do BOTH barbarian and berserker give +2 morale (total == +4) to bears?
- same question for dryad + ent + ancient ent (total == +5) to royal thorns?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation I'm not sure what's wrong!

I really apologize for this. I'm not sure if you read the included README, but the version that I made the mod on is for the Gamer's Gate V1.7 version of the game.

Please let me know the steps you followed to try to play the mod. I'll also try to perform some steps on my end to see if I can duplicate your error messages.

If it ends up being a version issue, I might need you to email me the ses.kfs and loc_ses.kfs files (in the sessions\base folder) to see if the file names are different.

We'll get this figured out!

/C\/C\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Hello Mat I dl your mod and checked some things i wanted to copy to CW (spell mechanics, change to partial skill bonuses etc), but when i actually try to play game with your mod i get error : Error signature App name kb.exe, App version 0.0.0.0 . . .
So i cant even start game with your mod in game/data/mods/mod_homm3_babies . . .
What patch did you make mod for ? Or am i missing something else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
Matt: The game won't load. I checked the lng files but can't imagine any other prefix than eng_ since my game is the english version, from the original (European if that matters) DVD disc, updated to version 1.7.