Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Registered Member

Cool Modesty Mod

Edit: There's a new and better modesty mod for King's Bounty out now. Feel free to disregard the links and attachments below and grab the superior mods that General_Redfox made, here:
http://www.moddb.com/members/general-redfox/addons.
-----------

Link to modestymods.com page: here
Direct download: here

Here's a quick mod I cobbled together so that I could keep playing after encountering demonesses and dryads and suchlike. It's a pretty rough mod, just making parts of the textures transparent (so you don't to worry about skin-tight repainted textures either) and replacing/cropping a few images.

This mod is useful if:
1) You are uncomfortable with armies of scantily-clad ladies
2) You have others around you who disapprove
3) You have children whom you want to shield from such polygonal impropriety
4) You think it's funny to make your units into Rayman

It is my first mod ever made for anything, so let me know if I did anything silly! (for instance, if there was a mod like this already and I overlooked it)

Thanks =)

Edit: Sadly the textures only seem to work in the Battle screen, not on the overworld. I expect it's something simple I did in my ignorance...I'll look into it =)

Last edited by Berzee; 07-28-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Wow, who would've thought that prudist zealotry will one day make it into harmless strategy games ? How about just explaining to your kids that fiction is fiction, demons don't exist and skin is natural. It's 2011, not 1951. Just a suggestion...

(out b4 moralist, condemning, retrograde rant)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

lol

(Anyhow -- I think that maybe the reason why it doesn't work on the overworld is because I used GIMP to edit the textures, but it would only let me save one layer even with the .dds plugin. Can anyone confirm that it uses the smaller layers for the overworld? If so, I will have to find a different program or figure out why GIMP was complaining about multiple layers there. Thank you for tolerating my fumbling through the mod world.)

(I also noticed that Lina still shows up when summoned, which is too bad, because I think a floating head sitting on a chair would be excellent.)

Last edited by Berzee; 04-18-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

EDIT: as mentioned above, you will probably do better to download the mods made by General_Redfox, here. They are significantly less miserable than my attempts!
-------------
Realized I could attach the file here! Nifty. Don't mean to bump this again, but I couldn't find the attachments button on the Edit page.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kings_bounty_modesty_mod_part1.zip (9.10 MB, 18 views)
File Type: zip kings_bounty_modesty_mod_part2.zip (11.68 MB, 15 views)

Last edited by Berzee; 07-28-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

When I saw the thread title I was so excited since I thought it was about removing the modesty from the game. I feel a mix of shame and disappointment