Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 10-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Dark Side modding start & Bleed/Crit questions

hi,
i'd like to play the Vampire as paladin.. so i edited Hero.txt in ses.kfs and names
heroclasses {
0=warrior
1=mage
2=paladin

it works, when i launch the game i have the Paladin icon, 270 leadership at start and the full Paladin tree BUT the vampire still level as a mage.. he gains 7 magic runes and a few red&green ones per lvl.

Is there an easy way to fix that please? to make the vampire lvl as a paladin. Other than editing the .loc files (too complicated for me)

Last edited by kbounty1; 10-15-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Oh 2 more things..

1) i can not find the file to mod the Critical Hits dmg multiplier (to put it back to 1.5x).

2) And the 'Bleed' file to reduce bleeding or better remove it completly if possible. There is an 'effect_bleed' in effects.txt but changing the values here to 0 didn't do anything. It doesn't seems related to the bleeding effect from crits i'm looking for.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Hi there, further down in the Hero.txt file, you'll find :

hero_warrior and some stuff beneath it , then comes hero_paladin and then hero_mage. Try to switch the words paladin and mage , it should work.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

hi Jorko, just tried.. i switched the words 'hero_paladin' for 'hero_mage' below in Hero.txt, and tried with both heroclasses :
--
heroclasses {
0=warrior
1=mage
2=paladin

Vampire start with the mage leadership and lvl as a mage
--
vanilla
heroclasses {
0=warrior
1=paladin
2=mage

Vampire start with the paladin leadership and skill tree but still lvl as a mage for runes, gaining more blue runes each lvl.
--
In fact it does the same that changing Heroclasses, but thank you for your answer and suggestion. idk the Vampire is still considered as a mage somewhere..
Old 10-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Ok , we'll do it another way then.
First do what you already did - switch the classes , so the paladin is below like this :
heroclasses {
0=warrior
1=mage
2=paladin
leave everything else like it was in the original hero.txt file.

Then in the ses.kfs there is a file called logic_hero.lua , replace it with the file located in the archive that I uploaded in this message. Now you'll start with paladin's army and params and also level up runes and leadership accordingly. Just copy your original ses.kfs anywhere for safe keeping
Attached Files
File Type: zip paladin.zip (5.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

It worked perfectly! thank you Jorko for the help and the file, you're a Wizard
Great now i can continue to play my little Vampire. Thanks

Last edited by kbounty1; 10-30-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

btw this may help someone maybe, i found how to make the effects (Bleed, burn,..) dispellable : in spell.txt remove 'exception' from Dispell, and in effects.txt 'no_dispell=0' instead of 1 for each effect. You can now use the spell Dispel to remove these effects from your creatures.

There are still 2 things i can't find if anyone knows :
1) the critical hits damage multiplier file, or is it hardcoded?
2) and how to make Black Dragons immune to plague! from necromancers. I think i tried everything with the Necromant.atom, spells.txt or 'infection' in effects.txt. "nfeatures=plant,mech,golem,demon,pawn,boss,blackd ragon" does not work..

Last edited by kbounty1; 10-30-2015 at 12:51 PM.