Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Dyamic campaigns have always been 3rd party additions to the game. There are several dynamic Italy campaigns available for both DGEN, DGEN_MOD, and DCG. If you play the stock game, download Lowengrin's DCG and you'll find an Italian campaign there. There are several other Italian campaigns for the modded game (HSFX for instance).
Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Thanks so much for your hard work!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperton View Post
Dyamic campaigns have always been 3rd party additions to the game. There are several dynamic Italy campaigns available for both DGEN, DGEN_MOD, and DCG. If you play the stock game, download Lowengrin's DCG and you'll find an Italian campaign there. There are several other Italian campaigns for the modded game (HSFX for instance).
I know, I'm building campaigns statistics for HSFX, but I want it all have the possibility you have a IT folder and a dynamic campaign and single missions without needing to download MOD or other things from other sites,
just like for other countries.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony4mori View Post
I know, I'm building campaigns statistics for HSFX, but I want it all have the possibility you have a IT folder and a dynamic campaign and single missions without needing to download MOD or other things from other sites, just like for other countries.
If you find a new dgen version you will have them
Old 06-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Could enyone tell how can I switch "realistic bombing" option for Dedicated Server?
Old 06-14-2015, 10:19 PM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony4mori View Post
I know, I'm building campaigns statistics for HSFX, but I want it all have the possibility you have a IT folder and a dynamic campaign and single missions without needing to download MOD or other things from other sites,
just like for other countries.
It takes a bit more than a folder and created campaign for that to happen.

The DGen.exe itself must be edited and recompiled to recognize any plane and mapsets that weren't written for it and declared previously. It's not as simple as that might sound, though. To do that, the original guy who wrote the DGen.exe (or someone who knows precisely how he did it) has to make the changes, because an executable only works under a certain organizational system that the coder himself set up for it. That's the main reason why most of the newer plane and map sets introduced in recent years don't work in DGen campaigns.

Thankfully, there are two alternatives.

Asura is working on a new version of DGen to take advantage of all the new content introduced in recent patches. It's been suffering from a few annoying bugs, but he's been continuously working on it and it's been making progress. It has great potential, and is already far more flexible than the stock DGen in creative room for campaign builders.

Then you have Lowengrin's DCG which, IMO, is absolutely essential. Very flexible and configurable, and the campaigns are truly dynamic. After a decade it is still actively supported by the original author, with yet another new beta version in the works. A real gem.

You don't need a mod pack to use either of these. They'll both work with a vanilla 1946.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
Then you have Lowengrin's DCG which, IMO, is absolutely essential. Very flexible and configurable, and the campaigns are truly dynamic. After a decade it is still actively supported by the original author, with yet another new beta version in the works. A real gem.
I don't want to be harsh or rude in any way, but after having developed DCG voluntarily for almost a decade, Lo now has no time to implement new features like taxiing introduced with 4.12. We collect money for a new gunner's station of the He-177, but no one really cares what happens to DCG. It's taken for granted that it's there. TD and the whole community should give Lo any conceivable support to keep his great tool updated, otherwise we'll find ourselves, sooner or later, with a historic campaign generator reminding us of the good old days when everything was still perfect and hundreds were working for free for our comfort. It's over, wake up!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:38 AM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperton View Post
I don't want to be harsh or rude in any way, but after having developed DCG voluntarily for almost a decade, Lo now has no time to implement new features like taxiing introduced with 4.12. We collect money for a new gunner's station of the He-177, but no one really cares what happens to DCG. It's taken for granted that it's there. TD and the whole community should give Lo any conceivable support to keep his great tool updated, otherwise we'll find ourselves, sooner or later, with a historic campaign generator reminding us of the good old days when everything was still perfect and hundreds were working for free for our comfort. It's over, wake up!
No one specifically said anything about DCG support for Taxi to Takeoff. However, DCG v3.48 Beta is still - and has been for some time now - under development. It is what it is.

Lots do care about DCG, actually. A large number of people who play this game use it. It is by no means over. Nothing lasts forever, however. One doesn't need the histrionics to understand that.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Knowing the guys at TD... they would help if they can. It's a small group and it takes a while to get stuff done but I'm sure Lowengrin has support if he needs it. I'd be surprised if it were anything other.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

My point is that we need DCG. And I have the impression that Lo, after having developed it voluntarily for years, has lost interest in it. DCG is too important for us to lose it or to let fade it away.