Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Default Things not seem to be working

In screenshots i see a rear view mirror. It says in the controls to his 2 to activate it. I hit 2 and nothing happens. So how do you actually get a rear view mirror?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-02-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I tried to buy he most expensive chassis on my Hercules Atlas now. I bought it with no problem I lost the money it costs. But at the next visit at a repair shop. The new chassis is gone. And I have the old basic one. And I also dont see then new chassis on my truck when I drive around.
I've had the same issue. I thought I had purchased the Titan chassis but at another service station I noticed I still had the basic. I purchased the Titan again (I couldn't remember if I had already bought it) and the next service showed the basic chassis again.

Is is possible to change the saved game text file so I don't have to blow another $30K or do I have to go back to a previous save?

UPDATE:
I tried to open the save from right after the chassis upgrade and it keep crashing. AARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited by BATMan_Phln; 12-17-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

I wish I could help you here. I tried to duplicate your problem three times. I went to one repair shop, and purchased the most expensive chassis. Then I drove to another repair shop, and my newly purchased chassis was still on my truck. This is certainly strange, and I only heard about it twice.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-20-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

in the upgrade shop, what difference does suspension make to ur truck ive tried all of the suspension types and i see no difference when playing.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhauler View Post
in the upgrade shop, what difference does suspension make to ur truck ive tried all of the suspension types and i see no difference when playing.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Generally, the better the suspension the less it will cost in repairs for suspension related items (like tires). From bad to worse you don’t bounce around in the game as much with a better suspension. I’ve notice this to a certain degree.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Generally, the better the suspension the less it will cost in repairs for suspension related items (like tires). From bad to worse you don’t bounce around in the game as much with a better suspension. I’ve notice this to a certain degree.
hello and thank you for the welcome. and that would make sense i havent played enough to be able to tell the difference in tire cost. but im sure its as u say. thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhauler View Post
hello and thank you for the welcome. and that would make sense i havent played enough to be able to tell the difference in tire cost. but im sure its as u say. thanks
Yeah, it took a couple of high bills before I caught on. Better tires, brakes, and suspension all play a part in reducing the bill. The Jake-brake usage also helps the ware & tear on your regular brakes too. Also gentle taps on the brakes before a stop works dandy too. Most people just slam on the brakes, or use them extensively. Then bam! Here’s your bill $$$

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-15-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

oh i see that would make sense shows some of the realism of the game. i brake by tapping lightly with good distance. its necessary both in the game and on the road, hauling 44,000lbs and slamming ur brakes at 50 to 60 mph can have severe consequences. thanks for the info usa . cheers
Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

As a former trucker myself, I find this aspect of the game very close to real life. The prices for repairs may be a little over the top, but one could say it forces you to drive a little more realistically, unless one likes spending money. The deteriorating truck will certainly show in your driving if not repaired.

I just wish they would fix the trailer physics to be more like 18 WoS, or ETS.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Hey guys, I just got hte game a few weeks back and am liking it so far. The only problem I have with it is that you can not manulally hook up all the trailers you pickup, and you can not maunally back them into a spot when you deliver them. I have been driving the Argosy for a while now and like it, I recently bought 2 9500s and one has a more powerful engine, I tookt he underpowered one under my command, and have not found any garages that sell an upgradable engine. Is it just me or is not available for the truck? It seems a bit wierd that it wont be as you can get ones with different engines in the shop.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.