Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Default New to IL2:COD -- a few questions?

Hi all,

After seeing the news that the final COD patch has finally come out, I went from being an occasional lurker to a paying customer, having just downloaded and installed COD for the first time.

I'm a longtime sim fan, used to play IL-2 a lot, and in the past few years have focused on the DCS series. So I'm no newbie to flight sims, but after just a few minutes with COD I already have some questions that searching this forum has not been able to answer:

1) Is there any way to skip the Ubisoft intro video?

2) Is there a list of key commands anywhere? I want to create a TARGET profile for my TM Warthog but can't find a list anywhere. Or are all the commands unmapped? That's what it looks like in the GUI.

3) Is there no way to create a 'complex' controller axis assignment? I use Fanatec ClubSport pedals and, in DCS, I can assign two axes (clutch and accelerator) both to rudder (i.e. one as left, one as right rudder) with different axis tuning options for each axis. I don't see any such functionality in COD; am I missing something?

4) I'm using TrackIR and it seems my Z-axis range of movement is really limited; in DCS I can lean right in and take a close look at instruments, but in COD I can't get very close before Z movement just stops.

Thanks in advance. I should note that, I'm here to enjoy the game, not whine. So I'm looking forward to making the best of what we have here.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

1) Yes, delete it. Search for "logo" in your C/Programms/Steam/Steamapps/Common/il2cliffsofdover and you will find the intro-movie. Deleting it does the trick.

This can also give you some fps if you are using an amd-video-card.

4) I guess you have to adjust the sensitivity in trackIR.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

2) Yes, everyone maps keys according to his liking. Then you can save the file and print it out for reference I think.

3) Not clear what exactly you want to achieve in CLOD. I think it depends on device software, e.g. with TM Cougar it was possible to switch axes on the fly. You can also try mapping same axis to different functions or use 3rd party joystick emulator software to create virtual axes.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
1) Yes, delete it. Search for "logo" in your C/Programms/Steam/Steamapps/Common/il2cliffsofdover and you will find the intro-movie.
It's in the parts\core\GUI subfolder.

Cheers!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
3) Not clear what exactly you want to achieve in CLOD. I think it depends on device software, e.g. with TM Cougar it was possible to switch axes on the fly. You can also try mapping same axis to different functions or use 3rd party joystick emulator software to create virtual axes.
Specifically, I want to get my Fanatec Clubsport pedals working as my rudder pedals. Problem is, they are not single-axis rudder pedals as would normally be expected; rather, one axis (the clutch) I use as left rudder, another axis (the accelerator) I use as right rudder. In-sim, this requires that I bind *both* axes to the rudder, and then set their response curves such that they play nice together. This can be done in DCS, for example.

Another question:

5) I'm having a really hard time getting back into 'internal view' once I go 'external'. I've assigned a 'hat up' on my joystick to external view, and a 'hat down' to internal view, but I'm finding that probably 75% of the time, once I go external, 'internal view' does nothing -- I'm stuck external (and in fact can't even control the plane) and can do nothing except exit the game.

Last edited by GregP; 10-20-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

No need to have external on joystick. Stick with default F1 for cockpit view and F2 for external. For situation awareness you need to turn your virtual head in cockpit using hat switch on joystick or (preferably) TrackIR thingy (google it).

S!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsch View Post
No need to have external on joystick. Stick with default F1 for cockpit view and F2 for external. For situation awareness you need to turn your virtual head in cockpit using hat switch on joystick or (preferably) TrackIR thingy (google it).
I've been simming for over 20 years and been a TrackIR user since they came out, so yes, I'm well aware of the proper method for maintaining SA.

But in all my HOTAS setups, I like to keep external view as an option. The problem is, when I bind 'internal view' to a joystick button within the COD GUI, I find that in-game, it only actually works maybe 25% of the time. External view works every time, but internal view -- no. It's like the game is penalizing me for resorting to external view, by not allowing back in the plane.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

For #5. Disable antropomorphic controls (or something like that) in the dificulty settings, see if that works.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit