Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

I completely agree it depends largely on army makeup. High power and low power units both tend towards wanting +crit gear. The former because they are close to max damage from attack anyway, the latter because they have a larger variance of damage.

For example, my final army finishing as a Warrior on hard was: Inquisitors, Red Dragons, Black Dragons, Paladin's and Royal Griffons. The griffs I added right at the end.

Paladin's had Banner of Faith, everyone had Dagger of Judgement and Axe of Lightning, attached is the stats on my Red Dragons.

Over 100 Attack, 78% crit. Gaudi as my companion means 100% crit (maybe 95 is cap, don't recall) against demons and undead. Black dragons are similarly pimped out. So long as I ain't fighting Ancient Vampires in vampire mode (Shudder) I do just about maximum possible attack damage from each stack on every attack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragonExample.jpg (17.7 KB, 237 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

100% is max no cap here , my archcages are at 100% and rest of army is at least 60% but i tihnk i can get more since maybe i find belt of luck in elon :p
Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

1 point of atack was 4% damge right??i don t rember the formula and i am thinking what is better claw of ktahu or +25% damge from drill
Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

1 attack is 3.33% damage. Drill however, ought to multiply with it instead of add. That is damage = base*(1+.0333*(A-D)). If you have +25% damage to that flat out, than that entire thing is multiplied by 1.25. If you increase attack by 7 (about 25%) you are increasing the damage only by 25% of the BASE damage.

Example:

Unit with 45 attack, 2.5 average damage attacks something with 15 defense.

2.5*(1+.0333(45-15)) = 2.5*(2) = 5 damage.

If we increase by 7 attack

2.5*(1+.0333(52-15)) = 2.5*(2.2333) = 5.58 damage

As opposed to adding the drill

5*1.25 = 6.25 damage

As you can see the comparison of additional multiplier to bigger existing ones isn't as straight forward as it looks.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Regarding destroyer of chains, being saturating sword with dragon souls. It seems to be an incredibly powerful quest item, open to abuse. I read it as converting each dragon killed to 1 might rune, unless enemy army has >15 dragons. Is it possible to look for all the stacks with <15 dragons and turn them all into massive amount of might runes or are there limits to it? I've just gotten the quest and killed the Rusty Anchor dragon in cave spot and extracted a might rune, and I'm drooling over the prospect of more might runes. Although I expect that there aren't a lot of <15 dragon stacks around.

Reference:

15. Destroyer of Chains - Sheterra, the quest for saturating the sword with dragon souls - if you kill even 1 dragon (but the sword isn't saturated yet), and use it, you'll gain 1 Might Rune, and the counter will be reduced by 1.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Yeap this should work I reckon, i couldnt be bothered with it myself this playthrough but i might try it some other time.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2000 View Post
Regarding destroyer of chains, being saturating sword with dragon souls. It seems to be an incredibly powerful quest item, open to abuse. I read it as converting each dragon killed to 1 might rune, unless enemy army has >15 dragons. Is it possible to look for all the stacks with <15 dragons and turn them all into massive amount of might runes or are there limits to it? I've just gotten the quest and killed the Rusty Anchor dragon in cave spot and extracted a might rune, and I'm drooling over the prospect of more might runes. Although I expect that there aren't a lot of <15 dragon stacks around.

Reference:

15. Destroyer of Chains - Sheterra, the quest for saturating the sword with dragon souls - if you kill even 1 dragon (but the sword isn't saturated yet), and use it, you'll gain 1 Might Rune, and the counter will be reduced by 1.
Thanks for the tip. I did not realise that you could get Might runes from the sword! Surely by mid-game the runes are worth more than completing the quest, and you'll end up finding a stack of 15 dragons sometime anyway.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Default About Gremlin Towers

I've posted it as an answer, but it would fit here as well"

Well, looking at the russian guide, The health of the gremlin towers seems to be influenced by the total health of the item defenders (the towers that Zilgadis spawns are an exception - they have 10k-15k health) and the number of gremlin towers in the item.

Gremlin tower health = 0.5 * Total health of all defenders / Number of gremlin towers

Gremlin tower stats:

1. Friendly:
- Attack = 3+Item level
- Defense = 3+Item level
- Intellect=7*Item level
Abilities:
Resurrection (based in item lvl)
Haste lvl 3
Slow lvl 3

Summon - based on the formula:
Troop health = tower health/ random number (0.8;1.6)
- translation: that means that the total health of the summoned stack is between 62.5% and 125% of the gremlin tower health.

Based on item lvl means:
Item lvl 1-2 - spell lvl 1
Item lvl 3-4 - spell lvl 2
Item lvl 5 - spell lvl 3

2. Evil:
- Attack = 5+Item level
- Defense = 5+Item level
- Intellect=7*Item level
Spells:
Lightning (based on item lvl)
Fireball (based on item lvl)
Weakness lvl 1
God armor (based on item lvl)
Doom (based on item lvl)
Sheep (based on item lvl)

Based on item lvl means:
Item lvl 1-2 - spell lvl 1
Item lvl 3-4 - spell lvl 2
Item lvl 5 - spell lvl 3

Resistances:
0% Physical
0% Fire
20% Poison
80% Magic

Last edited by DGDobrev; 01-25-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: post updated
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Thanks for the tip. I did not realise that you could get Might runes from the sword! Surely by mid-game the runes are worth more than completing the quest, and you'll end up finding a stack of 15 dragons sometime anyway.
It only works once, you can't keep killing dragons to get more.

And the way it works, is that you can 'use' the ability if it has between 1 and 14 dragons in it. Once it is full, you can't. Once you use it once, you can't.

That's all.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

So kill 14 dragons with it on you then use it for the max, one-time, benefit?