Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 11-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

This is what I have in mind.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

One aditional thing.

PLEASE DEVS IF YOU READ THIS CHANGE THE CAMERA IN DIRECT CONTROL D:!!!!

give it a possibility to rotate to the ground completely ! The camera many times makes aiming very dificult. Often you try to shoot a enemy tank which you barely can see as he is on the slope of a hill or behind some obstacle and you can only see the turret but you cant really hit it cause the camera cant be lowered to the ground so your gun is always aiming to high ! Please please fix that ! It gives units on hills sometimes as well a unrealistic advantage (since you should be able to shoot their lower hull for example) ! I tried last time to hit a Stug with the sluger, but it was damn near impossible as the aim would be sometimes on the vehicle, in the air, on the ground, shaking ... D: ! Very frustrating.

I dont know why the camera is that way, probably cause it has a colision detection with the ground like the camera would be a "object" please change that if possible ! At least for direct control. Or give us the ability to shoot directly like looking from the turret and not slightly "above" it because its working like a camera from a third person shooter !

Make the camera really work like it is designed "for" the vehicle in direct control! It would also help somewhat in infantry combat as well.

Would be very very very much apreciated !

Thank you for reading :3

Last edited by Crni vuk; 11-26-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Well, im sure it can be done, I can view underthe ground in the editor with that clip mode thing unchecked. I have noticed aiming with tanks is sometimes iffy and rather annoying to do, like you mentioned there with the reticle aiming at hills and stuff...my dad gets screwed by that all the time...he moves the reticle to shoot and as he fires the reticle jerks, aims at the hill side and pow, a miss.....its annoying for sure lolz
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

yes ... that is very strang as well. Just curious about this now that you mention it, does the game actualy "really" model the shell, like letz say a object with physics and movement or does it simply check if there is something in the recticle and it calculates if it hits or dont, Counter Strike has something that is very similar where the game is only checking if something is in your crosshair or not so no real bullet calculation. Red Orchestra (A half realistic half arcade shooter based on the Unreal engine) does actualy model bullets and shells as real moving objects with a trajectory and dispersion (sadly spread only for small guns).

It seems that in MoW sometimes (or always?) the gun is conected with your recticle so that the recoil seems to throw of your aim making it sometimes impossible to hit anything if the tank is moving a lot after firing.