Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Opitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
You do you want to harm the project?

For you it is real thing that counts because you want only bad thing to count. For others it means nothing or something good.
I don't think so. Tvrdi was a quite stubborn supporter, but probably after six or seven system reinstalls and 200+ hours spent with messing around with his HW and SW, he just gave up.

And because he was and still is emotionally attached to the IL2 series, he still cares. And because fanboys started to attack him personally as deserter, he fires back...

It is next example of "simple logic" - only so called whiners are guilty for this failure and they want to harm it even more...
Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
not happy at all....just tired of ppl calling me a whiner....
I understand your frustration, I think we all realise the issues with this sim, it was just that your post came across as if it's a good thing if CoD fails, whereas I'm sure that you me and most of the posters here would like it to be as we expected, unfortunately it's not, all we can to is wait and hope they can pull some rabbits out of their hats.

Hang in there
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
You do you want to harm the project?

For you it is real thing that counts because you want only bad thing to count. For others it means nothing or something good.
No. Btw I found settings which are more or less playable on my (modern) rig. Here they are (maybe this will help others):

http://i54.tinypic.com/14kxlqs.png

But with such settings landscape is ugly as hell. Oh well.

system:
i7920@3.5 Ghz on stock V. (HT OFF),
Nvidia GTX470 Twin Frozr2, OC to 800Mhz on core (1.034mV). Done with latest beta v. of MSI afterburner.
6GB of DDR RAM (working at app. 1333Mhz)
X-FI extreme gamer sound card
HDD WD C.Black,32MBc.
trackir 5
Dell 2209Wa 1680x1050, (IPS, low input lag monitor)

For optimising my Win7 64 bit Im using Yamicsoft Win7 manager and for defragging my HDD Im using Mydefrag which I highly recommend doin after every update.

Last edited by Tvrdi; 07-21-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No. Btw I found settings which are more or less playable on my (modern) rig. Here they are (maybe this will help others):

http://i54.tinypic.com/14kxlqs.png

But with such settings landscape is ugly as hell. Oh well.

system:
i7920@3.5 Ghz on stock V. (HT OFF),
Nvidia GTX470 Twin Frozr2, OC to 800Mhz on core (1.034mV). Done with latest beta v. of MSI afterburner.
6GB of DDR RAM (working at app. 1333Mhz)
X-FI extreme gamer sound card
HDD WD C.Black,32MBc.
trackir 5
Dell 2209Wa 1680z1050, (low input lag monitor)

For optimising my Win7 64 bit Im using Yamicsoft Win7 manager and for defragging my HDD Im using Mydefrag.
JUst play the game with the settings mate, its not pretty but you can play it...hopefully wont be long till a solution is released...dare i say tomoz? (friday) you never know
Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
JUst play the game with the settings mate, its not pretty but you can play it...hopefully wont be long till a solution is released...dare i say tomoz? (friday) you never know
I hope. But even if they fix all this in few months/weeks. They still did damage the marketing of this product. Pitty.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I hope. But even if they fix all this in few months/weeks. They still did damage the marketing of this product. Pitty.
I'm sure your constant complaining has been great for the marketing of the product.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Or maybe most people were wrong about the 'Americans' finding this form and complaining their hearts out. Maybe it is the other way around.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
I'm sure your constant complaining has been great for the marketing of the product.
I think only 15-20% of CLODs customers are visiting this forum...so the answer is NO. But unlike you I did contrubute in the past (bug fixes etc.) for original IL2.
Closed Thread