Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

have the same problem with hotas cougar throttle. Antropomorph on, complex engine management off. Sometime it works sometimes not.
Eheim 1250
Toyota Radiator
XP Home 32bit & Win7 64bit
Crucial SSD C300 64GB
TrackIR 3 Pro
Hotas Cougar + 18cm Extension
+Hall Sensors
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Throttle works fine here; settings in the attachment:

Logitech Force 3D Pro (yeah I know it's a cheapo crapppy stick but it does for me)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Throttle.jpg (141.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

Well I tried to turn off antropomorph and ifact it works fine,
My problem here is why do we getting lags while this option is on, for example I am not giving any input except throttle and still lagging , what I have noticed as well is: let's say I am pushing throttle forward and I see no effect in my cockpit, at this moment I am moving mouse coursor towards virtual throttle using it as a hand, at this moment throttle moves to the place where it is set on my x52 controller. it is a bug...

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate
Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

I don't think it's a bug, it happens (i think) because the slider on the x52 and the roatary dials are constantly changing (go to the control panel and game controllers and you can see this happen). Even when you're not moving anything. The game reads this as 2 forms of input and blocks out all other intput when using the anthomorphic realism setting.

They need to increase the tolerance to allow minor changes in any of the axis as some axis are very sensitive and anthromorphic control has to be switched off or you get it randomly disabling your thottle.

Last edited by vicinity; 04-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinity View Post
I don't think it's a bug, it happens (i think) because the slider on the x52 and the roatary dials are constantly changing (go to the control panel and game controllers and you can see this happen). Even when you're not moving anything. The game reads this as 2 forms of input and blocks out all other intput when using the anthomorphic realism setting.

They need to increase the tolerance to allow minor changes in any of the axis as some axis are very sensitive and anthromorphic control has to be switched off or you get it randomly disabling your thottle.
That would be true but this only happends in spitfire mkII...I use deadzones as well...

Yesterday I was playing online and got no more issues with it server settings was maxed out andused anthromorphic...any ideas?

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate

Last edited by _79_dev; 04-12-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

I'm unsure if it's related or otherwise, but the issue may be to do with the following:

When I initially started playing the game, my throttle would sit at around mid-range RPM and my airspeed would slow down to the point where I couldn't perform combat manoeuvres.

After a little investigating, I determined that the AI controlled pitch lever was being incorrectly used (simple engine management system). The AI would set fully course pitch almost all the time, which is fine for high speed cruise, but useless for lower speed manoevures like in combat. Instead of it moving the pitch to the fine forward position when the aircraft slowed down, it would leave it course - resulting in a reduced RPM and inefficient blade angle.

All I'm saying is: take a look at what your pitch lever is doing when it's being controlled by the AI. If it's always full course (all the way back towards you), there's the problem.

I cannot say how I fixed the issue, but it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something to do with simple/complex engine management..?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

It is nothing to do with control sensitivities. I use CH Throttle Pro and CH Fighterstick.. the problem extends beyond just the throttle, it is everything perhaps excluding aileron and elevator. I have not tested with any other aircraft but certainly the Spit IIa is broken with CEM enabled and Temp effects enabled, (Anthromorphic OFF).

Take a free flight from stationary without opposition, climb and just fly the plane. Instruments eventually lose synch with control inputs or indeed reality (AH showing large banks which don't exist), RPM not responding to prop/throttle, Boost not responding until large sudden changes are made to throttle position.

It's a show stopper.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _79_dev View Post
That would be true but this only happends in spitfire mkII...I use deadzones as well...
Yes but deadzones only count when you're within them. If you any have trim settings at all set then the axis will be reading input.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Shame to hear ppl having probs with controls,mine are now fine. However I did find when initialy setting up my controls if I had a key assigned also to any control that was assigned to my joystick I had issues. In my case my aileron control , if i touched keyboard rudders I could only bank at half stick on aileron. the only way i could solve this was by deleting any keyboard controls that were now on any other control device. could I sugest you try this little experiment Delete all relevant key controls and reassign them all to your joystick, I have mix and prop on my POV and see if this works.