Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Gt5

Ok I played GT 1,2,3 and 4 to death. I even put in some serious hours on the PSP version but when I slapped in GT5 after a year of BoP I reslised something. I only had one axis to think about. Left and right. No rudder or elevators or flaps to combat or landing gear, bombs, rockets, target lock or target find. I realised I don't actually like driving unless my car has elliptical wings, a merlin engine and has a host of guns attached to it so I ejected the game asap

Anyway that's my review of GT5 over. Anyone got a better one?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

agreed i loved all the previous gt's but that was before bop the only other game i still play is medal of honor i played gt5 for about 2 weeks maybe it was becuase it was so hyped up but for me it just wasnt that good
Old 01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Default sorry to hear it

personally i enjoy the variety of gt5 much better than being shot down by the same guys in the same planes all the time. Il2 for me has too many problems that rely on players carrying a certain amount of honor and adulthood to solve unfortunately not all players carry on in said fashion.
Gt5 online has private rooms and an in depth ability to customize both the setting, the rules and regulations in both private and public rooms.
The variety of vehicles is also huge there are (admittedly alot of japanese cars i had never heard of) many different types of car classes standard road cars, custom tuning company cars, full on racing modded cars, GT cars, Le mans cars, Nascars, rally cars, and even formula 1 type cars, and the various race types to go along with them combined with varying road surfaces and weather make for a very extensive racing experience. Also the fact that you can send cars to your friends to help them to do those most difficult single player races or just to help them gain a car they really want for their garage is really cool.
Then theres the b spec mode: an Ai driven driver that you can provide basic instructions to, this mode is generally most dependent on you fielding the fastest car possible for your driver or successfully managing him or her,, this mode is a good way to earn some nice cars whilst not actually playing the game, I completely twenty laps on indianapolis which reading the latest book I'm working my way through. I am greatly enjoying it, But it's nice to know you miss us all the same

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 01-27-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

i dont know you you are playing with shodow but the group i play with is great guys like parallax and the other regulars all bail and everyone gets along sounds like you need to find a better group of people to play with as for getting shot down all the time just get betterlol
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Ok I played GT 1,2,3 and 4 to death. I even put in some serious hours on the PSP version but when I slapped in GT5 after a year of BoP I reslised something. I only had one axis to think about. Left and right. No rudder or elevators or flaps to combat or landing gear, bombs, rockets, target lock or target find. I realised I don't actually like driving unless my car has elliptical wings, a merlin engine and has a host of guns attached to it so I ejected the game asap

Anyway that's my review of GT5 over. Anyone got a better one?

Hey DK

There is something about BoP, that really gets to me to.

When Red dead came out, everybody was halleluja.
Found the donkey myself, and the disk had 1 1/2 spin in my ps3, couldnt bother it with more cause it was getting used to the high quality of BoP.

Even got GT 5, or rather my boy did for X-mas, as you say it is one axis short to be fun. But as Shadow puts it, it has some good features.
I would like to have some of the GT 5 features in the BoP sequel that will be out in October
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
personally i enjoy the variety of gt5 much better than being shot down by the same guys in the same planes all the time. Il2 for me has too many problems that rely on players carrying a certain amount of honor and adulthood to solve unfortunately not all players carry on in said fashion.
Gt5 online has private rooms and an in depth ability to customize both the setting, the rules and regulations in both private and public rooms.
The variety of vehicles is also huge there are (admittedly alot of japanese cars i had never heard of) many different types of car classes standard road cars, custom tuning company cars, full on racing modded cars, GT cars, Le mans cars, Nascars, rally cars, and even formula 1 type cars, and the various race types to go along with them combined with varying road surfaces and weather make for a very extensive racing experience. Also the fact that you can send cars to your friends to help them to do those most difficult single player races or just to help them gain a car they really want for their garage is really cool.
Then theres the b spec mode: an Ai driven driver that you can provide basic instructions to, this mode is generally
most dependent on you fielding the fastest car possible for your driver or successfully managing him or her,, this mode is a good way to earn some nice cars whilst not actually playing the game, I completely twenty laps on indianapolis which reading the latest book I'm working my way through. I am greatly enjoying it, But it's nice to know
you miss us all the same

+1 plus there's no mentalists on there.
Yes I miss BoP (more so the mates who play it)but sadly don't miss as shadow says the ballache of relying on everyone playing with honour and that covers everything from the crashmaster 'aces' in sim to the quitters in arcade. It's much simpler in public lobbies on GT5, you dick about you get reported and then kicked. It makes the playing experience so much more fun knowing you can rid yourselves of lunatics.
Admittedly it's a little intimidating starting with a 20k car when there's Enzos etc to
be had but a little effort brings huge reward.
As for lack of axis, how little you guys know!!!! I've had my Redbull X1 flying over the nurburgring- plus it's as quick as a spit in BoP!!!

Last edited by Gilly; 01-27-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

I think I should give it another shot on GT5. The lobby system is very good and deffo would be nice to have that set up on BoP.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I think I should give it another shot on GT5. The lobby system is very good and deffo would be nice to have that set up on BoP.
I would mate, as I've said before I think it's the people you play with that make it. We've had some great private lobbies the past few nights we've even got rat now braking and turning right!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
I would mate, as I've said before I think it's the people you play with that make it. We've had some great private lobbies the past few nights we've even got rat now braking and turning right!!!

STOP THIS PROPAGAND
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
STOP THIS PROPAGAND
Sorry mate you're right, I shouldn't mention great mates!!!! :-p