Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Birds of Pray Movie

Hello fellow Birds of Pray pilots! After having flown with you all for about a month I thought to myself "Man this game is too hard, i need a break" and so i took a break!

Now however after leaving, getting a capture card and making a film on Youtube of another game, i decided to make a film for Birds of Pray, so i was going to find a classical piece i could use that was soft and slow, but that proved hard to find and in the end i changed music genres to a new techno type of music called Dubstep which is a lot more jumpy and i guess you could say odd.
Anyway though if you would please, watch the film and enjoy.
Also i just realized i named this thread movie when its actually more of a music video, sorry about the confusion!

Also i will likely be making more Birds of Pray films so if you like this then message my Psn which is the same as my account name.

Last edited by Lost_Odyssey12; 01-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Nice vid. Though the screen tearing doesn't help the look you were going for.

How did you use a capture card to record from your PS3? And why is not in HD?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Very nice vid. Was that a 109 you were tracking?

For me the music is too chilled. I would go for that music during track and trace then when target lock I would go for something with a bit of umff, BoB OST or any war theme from the 60s-70s
I would also try replicate the DF in realistic for some external views. Wiling to help with this.

Overall though a great film, fantastic to see such creativity on BoP

Edit: I would go with the late great Michael Kamen for music. Either suite 1 or 2 from Band Of Brothers for comtempary. Myself I would pick anything by Ron Goodwin but for this Film I think this is fits:

Last edited by dkwookie; 01-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
Nice vid. Though the screen tearing doesn't help the look you were going for.

How did you use a capture card to record from your PS3? And why is not in HD?
Yeah good point about the screen tearing, but honestly i made most of it from one 10 minute long video half of the video didn't save right either so it had the tearing effect which i decided to try to use to go with the music, which it did, but somehow from my video editor to Youtube the music went off beat so the screen tears wind up looking horrible.

I hooked it up through my TV's video output, and the reason why its not HD is because i only have a $50 capture card, i didn't want to dive into the $200+ stuff that gives you HD, also i don't have a job yet so i don't really have much money at all.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Very nice vid. Was that a 109 you were tracking?

For me the music is too chilled. I would go for that music during track and trace then when target lock I would go for something with a bit of umff, BoB OST or any war theme from the 60s-70s
I would also try replicate the DF in realistic for some external views. Wiling to help with this.

Overall though a great film, fantastic to see such creativity on BoP

Edit: I would go with the late great Michael Kamen for music. Either suite 1 or 2 from Band Of Brothers for comtempary. Myself I would pick anything by Ron Goodwin but for this Film I think this is fits:
Thank you. Yes it was a Bf-109G6 on training.

Is too chilled? Anyway the thing about the music is that i was looking at some Classical pieces, but i couldn't really find any so i took a look at some other genres and i found Dubstep, which was the easiest for me because i had a better idea on how i would use the featured song, rather then any of the other music i had found.
Yea for my next Birds of Pray film i want to get something more combat style and realistic, which will likely require a lot of formation flying in order to keep it all in one scene.

Again thank you very much. lol

Finally i don't want to use any copyrighted music, for obvious reasons and I'm not exactly in the mood to learn all the rules on copyrighting to see if those older songs are still illegal to use. Plus on the website i mentioned (newgrounds) they have an entire area of just music which i can easily browse through and most of the artists look at my use of their songs as free advertising for they never really have a problem with it.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Well I'm disappointed and confused with this video. I was expecting some sexy nuns.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Great work Lost Odyssey12!

I second wookie.

Keep it coming LO! See you in the skies.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Mustang tournament video ?

Maybe we should capture from the different matches, and make a highlights from movie ?

Last edited by KAV; 01-12-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Well I'm disappointed and confused with this video. I was expecting some sexy nuns.
Then this is for you my friend!!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

McQ59: Thanks man! I'm happy you liked the film!
KAV: Hmmm film of the tourny? I'd have to look into that, but I'd probably get shot down a lot, plus i need to get in touch with who's leading the tourny, does anyone know who that is?