Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Default Hey look, Noob needs help

Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wakeful View Post
Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.
Most of the AT guns are damaged or destroyed, so you can't use them. Several AT guns are available in front of the hill, and you can take them like you grab the truck. Also try to use cumulative shells against the enemies on the hill, the tanks are not very strong there, so one shot will be enough. and also don't forget to take more shells from broken tank. Wish this helps.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wakeful View Post
Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?
Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.
hi,
What's direct control feature? i'm still playing the demo. Also can you fire while tank is moving? when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?

Thanks.
Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".

Last edited by infirebaptize; 01-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infirebaptize View Post
What's direct control feature?.
y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.

Quote:
Also can you fire while tank is moving?
yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.

Quote:
when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?
when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.

Quote:
Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".
i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam View Post
y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.
I know now, I hold ctrl key with mouse to do that.

Quote:
yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.
Ok, I tried that, I issue a move command but once I hold ctrl to fire the tank stops!!

Quote:
when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.
Got it.

Quote:
i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition
Thank you.

Last edited by infirebaptize; 01-12-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam View Post
for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)
wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.
1) how to refuel the tank?
2) Are enemy vehicles repairable and drivable? because i tried to repair with the kit i got from my tank but wasn't able too!
3) Is the only way to rearm the tank by going near by ammunition and use the eye icon?
4) Can i view solider inventory while inside the tank?

Thanks.