Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

Default Game Recordings

I just had a really, really great frontline game. The swiftest game I've ever had, basicly little to none resistence. I had 6 infantry squads, two KV-1s and a flamethrower. All the enemies troops were grouped up so I took out a entire 2 squads, and 2 Pak-40s. After that the guy left and I just burned the forest and the rest was a KV-1 and infantry rush. At the end my ally did encounter resistence so after capturing my my side of the map I just took my flame throwers behind the trenches and burned them out, then took the remaining flags.

The point is that I had this great game, but in a few days I will forget it and all the details. So what I would like in future MoW games and patches is a in game recorder. Anybody feel the same way or am I alone?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Approved Member

Hecks yeah, a Recording system would be nice =D Something like what CoH has...never used it but its there and I like it, being able to record all the retardness as well as excellent battles =D
Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

every strategy game which requires much thinking, micromanagement and tactics to win should have a record function. It helps a lot. Particularly when other player give you their recordings so you can see what they do diferently.

I know when I was still playing Age of Empires II I was watching a few recordings to see how some players start the game. It helped a lot. Particularly when you got used with the units and when to build which structure first.

I think a game like Men of War would benefit in many ways from such a feature.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

3 of the 280 games i've ever played, were really good games, i whish i could recorded em, so yeah recoring the games would be a great feature for mow.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Rome total war has got a save game option which can be replayed or even sent to someone else, so its not impossible.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

I would like a game recorder where the fog of war is removed, and I can view the entire map as it plays out. In a big 8 vs 8 game recording I could look behind the enemy lines and see what they were doing while I was shelling them with artillery and rushing them with infantry.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

thats similar to how it worked in Age of empires II. Which was pretty good. You could use the recorded game and scroll trough it like with a movie and follw every step a player did. You could either watch it from the "players eyes" meaning only see the exact informations how the player has seen them or you could activate things like no fog. You could also very easily always swap sides.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Yeah something like that. Great for many things.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Game replays should be a must, its the sort of finishing that MoW lacks from other RTS titles. I'll often run fraps when gaming, but you never know if your going to have a great replay or not until the end.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

I had a great game yesterday, 6 D1s in Battlezones, I chased the enemy team away.