Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

I just noted in another thread that Heroes Online turned a lot of Heroes III units into females - with quite good results. Heck, they even made Harpy HAGS sexy.

I have been trying - so far unsuccessfully - to extract the 3D models from the game, so we could use them in King's Bounty. I have some ideas for what skills/talents I could give to Behemoths, Titans or Naga Queens...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Efreet Sultana Artwork.jpg (45.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Harpy Hag Artwork.jpg (36.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Master Genie Artwork.jpg (34.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Medusa Queen Artwork.jpg (46.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Naga Queen Artwork.jpg (43.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
I wouldn't say it was sexist (I think that's the term you wanted, not racist). Some of the characters, such as Inquisitors or Assassins, could have easily been female without too much of a change in model.

I've got a poster showing all the HoMMV units, and only a handful of unit types are female.
Assassins look female enough to me, true, but Inquisitors are definitely male, with their pronounced jaw bone and wide shoulders. And beard.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko Kila View Post
Assassins look female enough to me, true, but Inquisitors are definitely male, with their pronounced jaw bone and wide shoulders. And beard.
What am I thinking of, then? The guys in the robes (Blue and Red robes). Priests?

They could, with a bit of tweaking, be female.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
What am I thinking of, then? The guys in the robes (Blue and Red robes). Priests?

They could, with a bit of tweaking, be female.
After visiting a good hairdresser, why not? Blue priests also have beards, but they may be a bit overgrown female dwarves, who knows.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

@DW; yeah that was the term. Thanks.

@BB; personally I would love the master genie or the naga (jejeje). If you ever do it, could you let me help? I've also been wanting to do a little modding but there's very little I know in terms of it.

@Saiko, the assasin could be females but still looks too male. The priest and inquisitors are surely "giant darwves" that where expelled for being "too tall to work in the mines" XD

P.S: Now that doesn't explain hy they haven't expelled the Giants (too big to be expelled?)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!

Last edited by onepiece; 10-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
@BB; personally I would love the master genie or the naga (jejeje). If you ever do it, could you let me help? I've also been wanting to do a little modding but there's very little I know in terms of it.
Well, I know modding, but the main problem is with extracting the 3D models and textures from the data.WDF files. There is a program/util for opening WDF files for another Netdragon game, Conqueror Online, but I was unable to get any textures other the main hero textures out of the game with that.

Sorry for the OFF-topicness, but other then KB2, I see little other ways to make new units in KB without using other graphics.

There is a thought, though... we do have some nice 3D units in KB too who just don't have combat animations. For example, the dwarven engineer who runs the balloon, the dwarven fighter with the long chain cloak, the many pirate models, the model Demenion's spy uses... Or even the Pet dragon itself. If someone could associate animations to these 3D meshes, we could have some new units.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Or we could just simple make some smalls changes (bigger/smaller size, take of some details from the unit, recolor XD and things like that) to add a little more variety (although limited).

Maybe boss models as new units? (although much smaller of course)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!