Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Good Lucky. Just remember that overclocking is not the answer for every game, and/or situation. You may do more harm than good. I have seen way too many machines overheat using this option, and die without the proper stress test being done. Therefore I never use this option. I’d rather buy a better CPU/Motherboard than have to risk that option, and wind up getting one anyway.

If you think Crysis looks, and feels good now, wait until you get a better system when you’re ready.

There is no way to change the OpenGL, or Direct 3D settings on this game. It simply doesn’t offer it. What you see in the video options is all you get.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-26-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

already discussing this somewhere else but perhaps this is good info to other readers;

amd athlon 64 x2 4800+ 2.5ghz
2gb ram
win 7 64-bit

wasn't surprised about frame drops due to my lack of ram, eventhough i run other games such as dirt 3 and gta 4 just fine, but the game becomes absolutely unplayable during the night. tried just about everything, fiddled around with every setting--no luck. shame, love this game.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

The minimal game requirements is inaccurate to run this game, and play it as intended. You really need the recommended requirements. See HERE. This game causes havoc with many people running on 2GB Ram, and CPU speeds lower than 3.0GHz. Dirt 3, and GTA4 are better optimized to run on a variety of computers with these specs. You can’t compare those two games with this one. This game is a CPU hog in almost all aspects.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 09-19-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

that's only due to poor optimization--something which can be fixed... a patch or hotfix would be welcome. we paid for it.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

And as I stated in the patch threads, that the prospects of a patch for the English version appears to have been abandoned.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

I'd just like to note that I do not believe the critically low framerate issue (~1-2FPS in certain cities / areas) is entirely due to hardware, if at all.

My hardware:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
4GB DDR2 RAM

Running on Windows 7 64bit.

I've tried running the game on various graphical settings (from low, medium, high in everything to mixes of things), as well as running the .exe as an administrator, launching at lower resolutions (Monitor is 1080p native), running it with compatibility modes for older Windows versions, and a few other "fixes" that were suggested by this thread's users.

Game runs at well above 60FPS at maximum settings in the starting area. The two times I have noticed it dip was when the day cycle turned to night - although that could be a coincidence. Lowering shadowing does not help.

I do not believe that a lack of hardware power is the cause of the issue. At the most, the process belonging to the game was only hitting 2GB of RAM with nothing else of significance running in my background (barring Steam).

The CPU usage wasn't really notable as doing anything crazy.

I frankly don't really care about the lack of resolution to this game's issues. But it sure is kinda disappointing for people who actually give a crap about these kinds of games. But, for all I know, there's better sims out there. So whatever.

Just thought I'd help you guys troubleshoot, as you probably don't have much of a community to gather support from.

That wasn't supposed to sound as insulting as it might.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Your system far exceeds the game requirements, as does mine. I don’t get frame reductions as drastic as others with lessor specs. The game is poorly optimized, and the lower end computers just simply can’t handle this game well. Many have reported frame issues that make the game crawl along. One of the more notable areas was the SF Bridge, and other highly congested places. Therefore computer hardware, and the poor optimization of the game is certainly an issue.

The ones that actually get the game to run well, seem to like it. I know I do. Trucking sims aren’t for everyone. There’s no need to belittle people that are interested in these types of games as your last remark seems to imply. It’s a matter of taste.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Registered Member

I didn't make myself clear, sorry. When the game cycles to night time, the game becomes unplayable for me. 1-2 FPS at most. The game runs absolutely perfect at any other time of day, including the fade from afternoon to night. It is the moment that the game reaches night that it becomes unplayable for me.

I have tried turning down every setting. I have gone into .ini files and attempted to remove shadowing, reflections, etc from the game. I have tested in different cities and different times of day with different graphical settings. Night time drops the performance down to nothing.

Is there a way to disable night time during the story mode? Or is there a known solution to this issue?

I do have alternate hardware to test on if needed, but I'd sooner ask here.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

Default My game lags at night help !

Hey guys im new here ,i got my rnr from steam and i have some mods in it , but before i but any mods in the game start very nice noo lagging at all after when i drive for like 1 hour it start lagging too much and doesnt stop.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Hard Drive :2 TB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

This what i run RnR on

note it start lagging at 10:25 pm if sleep tell 5:25 am it works good !

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-18-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Moved to the proper thread.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Check this post Here. Maximum/Recommended Requirements or above is best for this game. It's poorly optimized for CPU specs that are less.