Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

Default FPS dropping in San Francisco on US 101

Anyone else get this? This is on US 101, between the outskirts of San Francisco to the Golden Gate Bridge exit.
Around where the SF Intl Airport is and all of that, I can feel my FPS dropping. But usually it's still playable.

However, it was ALOT worse yesterday when I was streaming to a friend, and it was raining. Now I got a pretty decent computer, but I was getting as low as 2-4 FPS in that area. Nearly unplayable.

I just want to know why it's so bad. I mean, you got cities like LA and Reno, and it never studders there.

Stats;
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9550
Video: ASUS Geforce GTS 250
Audio: Onboard (High Definition Audio Device)
Memory: 4GB DDR-2
Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Driver View Post
Stats;
I never went below 30fps.

CPU: Intel 2, quad 4, 2.83GHz
Video: GeForce 9500 GT, 4GB Adapter
Audio: Microsoft High Definition, 2GB Alternate Memory
Memory: 8GB DDR-2
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Your PC is a 2.2 maybe the game just makes bad use of your cores. There are many games where a good dual core will play a game better than a low quad core
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
I never went below 30fps.
Everywhere but the section I mentioned, it runs just fine for me. And I got everything maxed ingame.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Everywhere but the section I mentioned, it runs just fine for me. And I got everything maxed ingame.
I haven't noticed it. After your post I took a trip around the airport via different directions, and I didn't drop any frames.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

If you are on the russian version, this is an known problem. The english version does not do this as its a newer version with optimization fixes.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
If you are on the russian version, this is an known problem. The english version does not do this as its a newer version with optimization fixes.
Well, I have the USA version and everytime I go around the mentioned area and more specially from past the limits of Santa Barbara to Oakland, I go from normaly 30 ~ 40 FPS to 5 ~ 12 FPS.

My system is as follows:

Core 2 Duo E7400 (2.8 GHZ) @ 3.4 GHZ
4GB RAM DDR2 800 @ 900
G-Force GTS250 512 mb / 256 bits
320 GB HD
Gigabyte EG31 ES2 - C
LG 1953T 18,5" 1360 x 768 pixels
Old 06-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Anyone else get this? This is on US 101, between the outskirts of San Francisco to the Golden Gate Bridge exit.
Around where the SF Intl Airport is and all of that, I can feel my FPS dropping. But usually it's still playable.

However, it was ALOT worse yesterday when I was streaming to a friend, and it was raining. Now I got a pretty decent computer, but I was getting as low as 2-4 FPS in that area. Nearly unplayable.

I just want to know why it's so bad. I mean, you got cities like LA and Reno, and it never studders there.

Stats;

Heh indeed its totally unplayable im getting 7-12 fps starting from around the ariport all the way up to the overhead highway going east towards the ocean everywhere else im getting 45-69 fps ,in fact i got the same fps drops from the russian version ( havent tried the russian version yet with the latest patch ) but its an soemwhat wierd case tbh let me elaborate: my savegame is 5 days old i finished the story 1 day after starting playign the en version ( with hotfix) and after the 3rd or 4th day cant remember i took an load from san clemente to ukiah obviously i HAD to pass thruogh that area as its the shortest route and BAM the same bs fps droprate as in russian version i thought wtf is this real....yep..and aparently the game( if you load an savegame story mode wich you have many hours played) its going to load slower and slower and the fps drop is going to be more harsh in the area its the same simpthom from the russian version all i can say its why the hell havent they fixed it yet .

the pcs i play rnr on
CPU: intel c2c e8400 @ 3.00 ghz
Video: ASUS 4870x2
Audio: creative gamer xfi
also using cat 10.2 as higher cats atm have issues

CPU: Intel c2q Q9550 2.83 GHz
Video: evga 8800 gtx
Audio: on board
latest nvidia drivers

same issues in the same area on both of my pcs ALSO it has an 4-6 fps gain if i go from 800-600 to 1920-1200 ( the res i currently play on )= no imp whatsoever over the russian version i really dont uderstand how or why they didnt fixed this yet

Last edited by plolq; 06-18-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: resolution input.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Same thing here, as soon as you are nearing the bridgeheads from the south you start to experience a FPS drop...

I think it has to do something with the models, too many building models loading unproperly or the bridges are too heavy together and make a FPS drop...

I had the same thing when I played ETS on my own map and when I placed too many buildings on 1 place without giving them a loading boundary...
Old 06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

The Bay bridge area I notice the most fps drops so I just stay away from them most of the time. I think it's to do with all the road bridges. Lolsmurf do you prefer this to ETS yet?