Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

@Lucipher,

Where did you download the game from? I must admit that this is the first I have heard of this kind of a bug. The navigation part you never discussed in your previous postings.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-19-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

I've downloaded the game at http://eu-1cpublishing.gamesplanet.com/.
No errors during the installation procedure...
For the other bug, I cannot use the navigator command: I've tried to remap the command from keybord to joy, but the game crash in the same way...
Thx.
Nicola
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucipher View Post
I've downloaded the game at http://eu-1cpublishing.gamesplanet.com/.
No errors during the installation procedure...
For the other bug, I cannot use the navigator command: I've tried to remap the command from keybord to joy, but the game crash in the same way...
Thx.
Nicola
Do you have more then one device controller hooked up at the same time (other then your mouse/keyboard/joystick)?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

I've tried with only a gamepad Saitek and of course my wireless keyboard and mouse...

and I've just tried the trick with Escape button, saved the game before enter the Warehouse, but the game crash everytime...
Maybe a damaged installer????
I'll try tomorrow to reinstall the game and the patch...
Thx again for help. I hope in a new patch...

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-12-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've tried with only a gamepad Saitek and of course my wireless keyboard and mouse...
Then the problem to me seems to be either your graphics card is running out of memory, or 1C downloaded a corrupt file somewhere. (This has happened many times with 1C, and that is why I chose not to buy it from them). Customer support is abysmal at best according to what I've heard. Try asking Nike-it via PM, or publicly on this forum. Sorry I couldn't help any further.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

I don't think it's a graphic card problem, becasuse I'm able to play the game for hours, if I don't enter inside warehouse... Maybe a corrupted files. I try to download again the game.
Thx to all for help.
Nicola

I've just tried to download the game again and I've found a strange issue: the file is 668mb but when reach this dimension the dnd don't stop and at the end the file is 992 mb.
It's normal or strange... just to damage the installer?
thx

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-12-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've just tried to download the game again and I've found a strange issue: the file is 668mb but when reach this dimension the dnd don't stop and at the end the file is 992 mb.
It's normal or strange... just to damage the installer?
thx
Here are the required system recommendations for RnR.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W518

Your video card seems to be below standards. I have went through this problem with other games until I upgraded my card. Yours is several years old, and may be a contributing factor. When I tried to play a game with a sub-standard video card, everything was good until the cut-scenes that demand a higher quality video card. Cut-scenes such as warehouses, and other programming videos demand much more then the antique 512mb video cards of yesteryear. I'm only trying to help you, so don't take this as an insult.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Here are the required system recommendations for RnR.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W518

Your video card seems to be below standards. I have went through this problem with other games until I upgraded my card. Yours is several years old, and may be a contributing factor. When I tried to play a game with a sub-standard video card, everything was good until the cut-scenes that demand a higher quality video card. Cut-scenes such as warehouses, and other programming videos demand much more then the antique 512mb video cards of yesteryear. I'm only trying to help you, so don't take this as an insult.
Thx for help but I don't have take as an insult..
Seem strange to me because I'm able to play FSX with a lot of add-on, without any problems.
Now as first step I try a different installer, after that, if not change I try to change the video card, but the Ati Radeon HD4850 it's so old?? in the spec Rig n Roll require as recommended 256 MB DirectX 9.0 Compatible 3D Video Card (GeForce 8800 / Radeon HD3870), and my card it's more powerful than the Ati Radeon Hd 3870, yes it's a little bit older, but no so old...
Thx again for help.
Nicola

Problem solved... I've reinstalled the game with other installation, upgraded the Ati Driver, and set the resolution to 1920*1080.
Now everything run great.
Thx at all for help.
Nicola

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-12-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Default Crashing Issues

I have had 3 games now around the same time crash on me this is really annoying I would like to see if I missed a patch for the American version or not. I got the one to fix the competition that is the only patch I have installed right now.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:06 AM
centy2010

Hello,

I've bought the game yesterday evening and was trying to play all the night.
I had 2 crashes and 3 times missing 3D landscape --> A big hole where my truck felt.

===> Here is a possible solution. I've tested only 20 minutes so I will see tomorrow if it's a stable solution.

First when the game crash, check the event viewer of windows to see the application error. You could have something related to rnr.exe. But you might find a second error related to ntdll.dll. If this is the case, I suggest you to download an older version of ntdll.dll and replace the existing one.

Since I replaced the ntdll.dll --> No more crash

File properties :
size : 706.048 o

Game installed on
WinXP Pro / Athlon 64 3500+ / Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb / 2Gb Ram

Bye now, I've got trailers to deliver

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-19-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Merged postings in one.