Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Default Game won't start

Hello Toyota-Martin here are my specs,

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.8 GHZ
Microsoft WinXP Home Edition
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 / Direct X 9.0 C
4 GB System Memory
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
110 GB Hard Drive Space

I had no problems installing the hotfix patch.
I purchased the game from YUplay

Still cannot play game as of today.... don't know what the problem is, updated all drivers still same problems. No problems with other game downloads. But this is the 1st time I've purchase a game from the 1C company. Maybe YU-PLAY files are damaged. I'm not going to purchase the game from another site to find out.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJames757 View Post
Hello Toyota-Martin here are my specs,

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.8 GHZ
Microsoft WinXP Home Edition
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 / Direct X 9.0 C
4 GB System Memory
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
110 GB Hard Drive Space

I had no problems installing the hotfix patch.
I purchased the game from YUplay

Still cannot play game as of today.... don't know what the problem is, updated all drivers still same problems. No problems with other game downloads. But this is the 1st time I've purchase a game from the 1C company. Maybe YU-PLAY files are damaged. I'm not going to purchase the game from another site to find out.
You did not purchase it from 1C. You purchased it from YU-PLAY, and that's most probably where your problem is. Try to re-download/re-install it again. Your computer specs look OK. Otherwise contact YU-PLAY support.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Has he installed a engine mod for the game? If so that may be why the game hasn't started because the mod probably replaced the default motor file thingy.
I know this because i had this problem yesterday but if not i cannot help here
Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
Has he installed a engine mod for the game?
What exactly do you mean by "Engine Mod"?.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-24-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs down game won´t start

Well, I bought the DVD in a large and well known electronic shop in germany, but I have never heard that this might be a problem. The recommended requirements are not the minimum requirements, so it must run on my computer.

But I see: I will not receceive an answer here, so I will return the game and buy another truck simulator.
Rgds,
Pancho
Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
Well, I bought the DVD in a large and well known electronic shop in germany, but I have never heard that this might be a problem. The recommended requirements are not the minimum requirements, so it must run on my computer.

But I see: I will not receceive an answer here, so I will return the game and buy another truck simulator.
Rgds,
Pancho
I have given you an answer. The minimal requirements falls way short of being accurate, as has been reported throughout this forum. If the 'HotFix' won't install it's because your DVD version already has it built-in. The game won't run properly unless you meet the recommended requirements.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

I have 1Gb RAM and don't even have a dual core
I also have 8600 GT 512 mb card

And I can play the game without a lot of problems (sometimes some lagg or fps drop)
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmurf View Post
I have 1Gb RAM and don't even have a dual core
I also have 8600 GT 512 mb card

And I can play the game without a lot of problems (sometimes some lagg or fps drop)
Yes, but you also stated in another thread that you run it on minimal settings. The point I'm trying to make is that there are lots of reports that the game doesn't work well, if at all on the minimal requirements. You were just lucky, but if you really want to see the game at its full potential you need to meet, or exceed the recommended requirements. I'm willing to bet that if you set the traffic density to the max, your game would freeze, or would be un-bearably slow.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

I run the game on 2 traffic density and full texture and the rest about half. The big problem is the traffic seems to take all the ram. I can run max settings if no traffic but once i put traffic on I suffer lag
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Another point to keep in mind is not just RnR runs poorly on minimal req., but GTA4 is the same way. My next door neighbor got it a couple of weeks ago. He thought he could play it with the minimal req., only to find out how painfully slow it was, and several game freezes using the lowest settings.

Lesson learned:
Unless you plan to up-grade your computer, don't buy a game meeting just the minimal req. To me it's just not worth the headache. I heard ME2 is the same way.

For those that don't know...
GTA4 = Grand Theft Auto
ME2 = Mass Effect