Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

I think that is imposible to fix until we have force feedback in our shifters.You can change to another gear without clutch or syncronize your gears, but the shifter doesn't know the game do that (and it's not the only game)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

with regards to the not having full 900 degree support, not very many games do apart from the full on racing sims like GTR and Rfactor and my favourite, Test drive unlimited.
But i play euro truck simulator which also does not support 900 degree, but i can force it to using the logitech profiler and it is spot on, for every millimeter i move the wheel, it does the same in game, can you not do the same with this game?
I too am waiting for the english release before i buy it like USA Trucker, and as you may have guessed i am also lucky enough to own a G25

can anybody that has the game and the G25 confirm if the above works or not? i am too impatient to wait till i get the game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-16-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
can anybody that has the game and the G25 confirm if the above works or not? i am too impatient to wait till i get the game.
Confirm if what works, exactly? I've got the game but haven't been able to configure the steering wheel correctly so far. Obviously I don't understand a letter of Russian so it's all trial and error.

I have the pedals set up okay, but for some reason it doesn't seem to detect the steering wheel properly. It only detects movement to the left side. So I can steer to the left alright but not to the right. I'm sure it's just a matter of changing some setting somewhere.

As for forcing the game to use the full 900° I can't say. I am sure that you can set your wheel to use the full 900° using the Logitech Profiler, but the in-game steering wheel will probably not be in sync with your real steering wheel (ie. the in-game wheel will probably turn slower).

I also haven't been able to configure my seperate shifter. The game detects the G25 shifter alright but I normally use a different shifter because, well... the G25 shifter is shit. I've seen someone on this forum say that it is possible to configure other control devices as well, though, so that's just a matter of knowing where to look (and understanding Russian ).

From my limited experience I can say that the clutch doesn't work like it's supposed to at all, as has been mentioned several times by other people who have the game. Pressing the clutch pedal doesn't actually disengage the engine, it's also impossible to stall the engine. You can't let the clutch slip, either, as far as I can tell. I also don't hear any grinding noises when shifting down (or up) several gears at once as some "individuals" supposedly told USA_Trucker in PM's.

A positive note is that the game seems to run smoothly on my not-very-high-end system on a resolution of 1680*1050. From what I had read so far I feared that it would be a slide show. I haven't fiddled around with any graphical settings or anything, though. At the first run the game chooses the settings best suited for your system, and I just stuck with that. Looks good enough for me although I'm sure it can look a lot better if you've got a proper gaming pc.

Last edited by obsolum; 01-02-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

The game is stupid for my taste FF steering wheel and controls in the game only on collision while driving on the grass, sand, the difference in adhesion and a little feeling of inequality but only slightly. Remaining FF is deaf and has to control the settings in game controllers, and it is unusual for simulation.
There is no change in resistance depending on speed, weight etc.. The effect of resistance management is pending, it is not continuously progressive, but at a certain speed after starting unpleasant jerks and it is about a transformation of the resistance wheel while driving.
This is a typical setting wheel for simulation and used for simulation of the type LFS, rFactor, GTR (all Simbin games), which are full of FF and fully control the steering wheel:

-pedals as separate (box unchecked)
Degress-Rotation of the 360 ° - 900 ° (This is change. Depends on a given series)
Enable force-feedback (box ticked)
-Overall effects strength 90-100% (depending on taste and also at special plug-in simulation adapted)
Strength-spring effect 0%
Strength-Damper effect 0%
-Enable centering spring force feedback in Games (box ticked)
Centering spring-strenth 0%
-Allow game to adjust settings (box ticked)

This is the setting for full support games / simulations, which have a complete FF, where the game takes full dominion over the steering wheel. This setting if you use the RNR, and the steering wheel is idle, without resistance, without FF. Therefore it is necessary to set Strength-spring effect and
Strength-Damper effect but this can never be perfect, because the steering wheel controls its own head, and the G25 software is there to ensure that at least some FF, if bad, bad games of imperfect FF .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
with regards to the not having full 900 degree support, not very many games do apart from the full on racing sims like GTR and Rfactor and my favourite, Test drive unlimited.
But i play euro truck simulator which also does not support 900 degree, but i can force it to using the logitech profiler and it is spot on, for every millimeter i move the wheel, it does the same in game, can you not do the same with this game?
I too am waiting for the english release before i buy it like USA Trucker, and as you may have guessed i am also lucky enough to own a G25
No. It never will not work. In the game, the wheel rotates (visually on the monitor) only 360 °. This means that the synchronization RNR and your steering wheel will never be. It can work only if your set wheel to 360 ° and set 100% linearity. It will then be synchronized, but with such a setup, you not keep the vehicle on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
I also haven't been able to configure my seperate shifter. The game detects the G25 shifter alright but I normally use a different shifter because, well... the G25 shifter is shit. I've seen someone on this forum say that it is possible to configure other control devices as well, though, so that's just a matter of knowing where to look (and understanding Russian ).....
There is some problem with this game and deful setting keys and actions. Change actions is possible, but you NOT must delete function that is selected on by default. You can change You can not delete. If you leave an empty space where they must be action, does not respect the game and reload deful standard set. For example, if erase all the action and leave an empty space, every normal play your VOB respects and saves, but the RNR Sun He needs to have registered and how certain functions are not ignoring your settings and forced upon you again deful settings. This is something awful here this. I do not need a change of view on the steering wheel, but when I delete it and not change for another event, again with deful reads. I do not understand this. Moreover, it is not simply a set of 900 ° to ignore the game. ....

Finally. While FF is bad, but 100% better than SCS. The SCS her not know the feeling of the steering wheel if you stand, poison, cast or flushes the toilet. RNR is better FF than SCS

Last edited by pook; 01-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation Performance with Force Feedback

Hello,
all the time I played the game without a wheel .. only using keyboard .. now that i got to try it with a wheel, i noticed major performance decrease !! (and by major i mean major ,, it was unplayable at almost any fair looking graphic settings.)

Here is basic info about my rig:

Intel C2D T7500 @2.13GHz
4GB DDR2/667 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8600M GT/512MB
(yes it's a notebook)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Wheel: Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel
Old 01-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cVGhost View Post
(yes it's a notebook)
I Suspect that is the biggest issue!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

Rob_G: Eventhough his notebook isn't the most powerful out there, by looking at the topic title, I think he meant to say that before using the wheel the game ran at least somewhat acceptable.

cVGhost: I think the performance decrease is caused by your steering wheel. The Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel has the exact same issues in many other games. Many people playing Testdrive Unlimited with that particular wheel for example experienced the exact same loss in performance as you describe.

I think the reason for this decrease has to do with the fact that older wheels, like the one you have, use a different (outdated) force feedback technique compared to most recent wheels. If you haven't done this already, you might want to try and disable force feedback alltogether and see if the performance gets better.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
...older wheels, like the one you have, use a different (outdated) force feedback technique compared to most recent wheels.
I thought it was the Xbox 360 who used different FFB. In PC they use DirectInput, a part of DirectX

(I could be wrong, as I don't know much about this)
Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

That sucks .. well I guess that's the price for having an .. idk .. 8 year old steering wheel

btw: the game runs perfecly smooth with medium-to hight settings .. (texture filtering at max, other setting at 3/4, AI traffic at 100%)
but not with the steering wheel it doesn't

I'll try to disable the force feedback . . even tough i think I already did that and it had no effect ..

aren't recent wheels using USB 2.0 ?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
I thought it was the Xbox 360 who used different FFB. In PC they use DirectInput, a part of DirectX
Well I am not a 100% sure on the Microsoft wheel but I have the old Logitech Formula Force wheel (same era I guess) and here is what a Logitech employee had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesB
It's a technological issue where the wheel itself, and how it manages force feedback effects, has effectively become so outdated that we made the cut with LGS 5.0