Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatycre View Post
I actually tried rebooting my computer and only running 4 cores of my processor (using MSConfig). It had no effect whatsoever on the game. So I'm fairly sure the radio/sound problem is something different.
I don’t think that trick works all that well. I tried using it. I set my processors from 4 to 1 or 2, but when I viewed my CPU usage all 4 cores were still in use. So I’m a little skeptical about it. Other than that, I’m at a loss of what the problem is except for a sound card incompatibility issue (must be DirectX 9 compatible, or above), or something else that I’m just not familiar with, and would have to defer to our more tech savvy members here. So if any of them are viewing I would hope they lend a hand for you.

Where did you purchase the game, and is it a DVD, or downloaded version?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-22-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I agree with being skeptical of that trick, as I am myself. Although I've been told many times that it can fix some games, (and it does in fact fix the Scarface game for PC), it really doesn't work very often. Although when I reboot, and look at my task manager, it does show that it's only using 4 cores. However, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in performance from my CPU, which there should be if it is actually cutting off two cores.

Anyway, it's a retail disc. I was able to snag it at my local game store (called Gamerz, in Des Moines, Iowa) for just ten bucks!

So far the game is great, but it's really irritating that I can't hear my radio and/or most of the character dialogs.

I'm not sure about sound card problems, as I actually have two different sound setups on this computer. One is a Realtek HD sound card, and the other (the one I typically use) is a Phillips stereo system with it's own sound card inside hooked up to my PC through USB. I've tried using my Realtek sound card, and the USB connected stereo system. Neither one seems to change anything.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

I’m sorry you can’t enjoy the game. I know Realtek HD works, because when I first bought the game that was the sound system I used before I installed Sound Blaster FX.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

I figured at least one of my two setups had to be compatible with the game. I just can't seem to figure out what the problem is, or how to fix it. Which, is kind of irritating to a tech head like myself lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Sound problem

Hi guys,

I have a small problem with the sound of my cummins engine.
In the mission where I have to race murdoc, the engine of my Truck sounds different to before. Also after the mission the engine sound isn´t the same as before. I tried to change the engine two times, but the sound remains the same.

Probably someone has the same problem and knows how I get the old sound back.

I have the German version 3.0.2.2680 + RnRMod ST2.0 from this Forum.

Keep on cruisin´

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-05-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Good luck with that. For the most part, this is the English version of the game, and it would be an accident is someone could help you with the German version... but you never know.