Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

I had to register and give a proper FIX to this problem.

I was encountering the same issue of launching the game and it was just crashing to desktop after a black initial screen.

After updating DirectX,installing .net..updating audio drivers and what not... i came across the solution to another game with same behavior.

it turns out RnR don't know how to launch the game with Nvidia on some laptops or rare rigs (mine is a MacBook pro bootcamped with XP!) and you have to manually tell it to go for the Nvidia GPU and not something else..

well basically you guys need to enable Optimus Technology on your Nvidia card..here are the steps ->

Code:
http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Nvidia.htm
(if these steps are not present at your control panel just skip to step 5 and add both rnr.exe in bin folder, and rungame.exe)

That did the trick for me!

Happy Gaming.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Default Won't start at all

I bought this games a few days a go and when i try to run it, simply doesn't start.
I saw the logo and then only a black screen.

Already tried to install the patch, but i couldn't... Try to upadate drivers, re-install and nothing....

I was looking around the forum and didn't found any solution...

So, what can i do to solve this?

My Computer:
MB: Asus p8z77-v
Processor: Core i5 3570k
Memory: 8GB Ram
Video Card: Radeon HD 5870 2GB
HD: 3TB
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Question Rig'n'Roll Game Problems

So, I had just waited about an hour for Rig'n'Roll to install on my computer, (on Steam) it said my computer met all of the system requirements, and I launched the game, and the screen was black, so I waited for a minute, then the audio started playing, then it kicked me back to my desktop, but the Rig'n'Roll icon was still on my taskbar, so I clicked it, and then the same thing happened. Rig'n'Roll works just fine on my other computer. Anybody have a solution?

The computer I tried it on, didn't work's specs

Make/Model: Samsung (I don't even know) with an i7

The computer the game does work on's specs

Make/Model: Samsung RV511 with an i3
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (I would assume it has Service Pack 1, haven't been on it recently)

By the way this just happened like 15 minutes ago.

Anybody have a solution? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Hello guys!
I installed Rig N Roll with Steam and it wont start. I tested everything: Start as Admin, Any windows compatibility mode and a mix of that.
Result: Wont Start

I played this game on my old computer and i want to play it again!

(Sorry for bad english i wont speak english normal)

I hope you can help me

Computer: http://www.pic-upload.de/view-236053...o123-.png.html

@guytrance
Dont work! I have no "Manage 3D Settings" in the Control Panel! I reinstalled the Nvidia thing but... didnt work

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-29-2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Merged Postings into one.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

The Developers have jumped ship over 2 years ago. There is not that much help to be had here, as most of us haven't played the game in quite some.

I haven't played it in about 2 years. So carefully check the threads for a solution, is the best advice I can give, and make sure you have the "Recommended Specs" for this game, not the "Minimal Specs."

Good Luck.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Registered Member

Angry wtf gives

downloaded this off of steam and it started once now it won't start all i check with task manager and it states RNR.exe is running but there's no launcher coming up nothing and ive downloaded this 3x already wtf gives is there anything that i can do to get this running cause this is bullsh!!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Banned

*Snip*
But now, on the end of 2014, i've downloaded pirated version of rignroll, cause i've returned original due to my dissatisfaction, and played a little.
*Snip*

Moderator:
Discussing, and admitting Piracy is a serious offense on these forums, and results in an immediate, and permanent ban. You should know better.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 11-15-2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Admitted Piracy
Old 11-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier1184 View Post
downloaded this off of steam and it started once now it won't start all i check with task manager and it states RNR.exe is running but there's no launcher coming up nothing and ive downloaded this 3x already wtf gives is there anything that i can do to get this running cause this is bullsh!!
In the 'Task Manager' where you see RNR.exe is running, select 'End Process' and restart the game. This is a Steam issue, and happens with a few Steam games.

I have this game on Steam, and it happens from time to time. The procedure above works for me.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 11-15-2014 at 07:00 PM.