Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Reboot: IPX-437

In the original SR2, when you killed the IPX-437 in the training mission, there were several things that you might pick up from the debris: a nice laser, a cistern, a size 1 hyperliquid fuel tank and a really nice size 20 singular engine. I would generally replay this mission until I got the fuel tank and the engine. The engine could be cheaply upgraded to jump 27 ps. This was one of the best non-cheat tricks in the game.

I'm now playing Reboot. So far I've seen a size 33 fragment cannon, a cistern, and a size 10 fuel tank. So, is a nice engine still possible from this mission or should I start looking for a place to by one?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Start looking for a new one, the search window has been improved considerably. I never got a good engine from this in Reboot, it's been "fixed"
Old 03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modo View Post
Start looking for a new one, the search window has been improved considerably. I never got a good engine from this in Reboot, it's been "fixed"
Bummer! That was one of my favorite tricks. Snatch that cheap, little Singular engine; sell the piece of junk Diving engine for scrap. Upgrade the Singular engine to the max. Jump 27 psc by June 3300. Take difficult delivery missions and run the turbo, if needed. Never costs more than 40 cr. to repair.

Another "feature" they seem to have fixed is Alarm Signal. That was my money maker. I'm big into replaying mulligans. Save just before using Alarm Signal and if you don't get something worth at least 30K cr. reload and try another time. Some games I've flown with 5 Vertexes. Now, it seems that they just toss out junk. Reload and try a different target and he tosses out exactly the same junk. Where's the fun in that?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

There's one artifact (forgot it's name) that allows you to get more equipment when a ship is destroyed; this might do the trick.
EDIT: blast wave localizer