Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
That is why I never shop at bricks and mortar stores here in Australia, too expensive!
I prefer to buy my games on eBay and usually I save a lot of money, sometimes I bid and win a hefty discount on the price of the game compared to retail prices in Aussie game shops.
For instance I just bought a brand new copy of Borderlands for PC for just $20 including postage, game shops can't beat that even when they are on 'sale'.
Couldn't agree more, I can't believe how over priced Australian released games are

I think the piracy issue is mostly an affordability issue, as a kid in my former homeland (South Africa) games were obscenely expensive, if you could find them that is, so I pirated more than a couple in my day. As I grew older and actually earned my own money I used to buy some games because ripped games were just a huge pain in the ass to get (if they even worked that is). Selling games way out of reach of the man on the street encourages usually honourable men to walk across the moral line and pirate.

I came to Australia and thought $90 for a new release wasn't bad (cheaper than paying 5% of my salary on a new game in SA) then I was introduced to the joys of cheap broadband and Ebay and have never looked back. Mod chipped my PS2 and I import all my JRPGs from the states and never pay more than the Austrlian releases (when, if they ever get released that is)

KB is one of the few RPGs for the PC that I still have faith in and as Zhuangzi was saying $44 AUD is resonable (about 1% of my monthly salary) - even the Finance Minister can't argue with that! Pre order going in
Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

I couldn't resist, in a moment of weakness... I bought Dragon Age: Origins!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
I couldn't resist, in a moment of weakness... I bought Dragon Age: Origins!
I purchased it too, but it won't play on my computer. I read where its bug-ridden anyhow, and KB: The Legend only had one or two "minor" bugs.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

strange, I couldn't find any bugs in DAO whatsoever. but I didn't play it for too long. I have a problem with bioware games, they don't have the magic I'm looking for. the kind of magic KB has (or blizzard games), to keep me in front of the pc for days.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saridu View Post
Couldn't agree more, I can't believe how over priced Australian released games are

I think the piracy issue is mostly an affordability issue, as a kid in my former homeland (South Africa) games were obscenely expensive, if you could find them that is, so I pirated more than a couple in my day. As I grew older and actually earned my own money I used to buy some games because ripped games were just a huge pain in the ass to get (if they even worked that is). Selling games way out of reach of the man on the street encourages usually honourable men to walk across the moral line and pirate.

I came to Australia and thought $90 for a new release wasn't bad (cheaper than paying 5% of my salary on a new game in SA) then I was introduced to the joys of cheap broadband and Ebay and have never looked back. Mod chipped my PS2 and I import all my JRPGs from the states and never pay more than the Austrlian releases (when, if they ever get released that is)

KB is one of the few RPGs for the PC that I still have faith in and as Zhuangzi was saying $44 AUD is resonable (about 1% of my monthly salary) - even the Finance Minister can't argue with that! Pre order going in
It's $38 now, Saridu. You will get a refund in blue coins if you preordered at the full price, I believe (credit for buying more games). Bring on next Thursday!