Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

I would wait a little .. maybe other sites have it cheaper. I am also shocked i suspected 30E. But i will have it anyway

Last edited by Elwin; 11-06-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
One of the great things about Gamersgate for us Australians is that we pay in US dollars, so $40 US is $44 Aus currently, which is half what the game would cost at retail here in Australia.
So KB:AP will be available at retail shops (the bricks and mortar ones) OR are you referring to sites like cdwow, mighty ape, etc. that ship to Australia?
I am concerned about the fact that maybe the game is going to be only available as a DL through sites like GG, Steam, etc. and not released on physical DVD and manual, the reason being, recent 1C releases like A farewell to dragons and Planet Alcatraz cannot be found in their physical form, only as DLs on these aforementioned sites. Searching the net to find where to buy them only leads to these sites.
I'd rather prefer the game come on DVD and manual, as I don't have broadband and would rather have a physical form of this game.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
So KB:AP will be available at retail shops (the bricks and mortar ones) OR are you referring to sites like cdwow, mighty ape, etc. that ship to Australia?
I am concerned about the fact that maybe the game is going to be only available as a DL through sites like GG, Steam, etc. and not released on physical DVD and manual, the reason being, recent 1C releases like A farewell to dragons and Planet Alcatraz cannot be found in their physical form, only as DLs on these aforementioned sites. Searching the net to find where to buy them only leads to these sites.
I'd rather prefer the game come on DVD and manual, as I don't have broadband and would rather have a physical form of this game.
No, I doubt we'll see it in chain stores like EB and Game here in Australia. You would have a better chance in Sydney than I do in Perth, but I've never seen a boxed copy of KB:TL for sale here at all and I expect AP will be the same. I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a boxed copy of KB:TL (from ebay for $20) but the Gamersgate version of AP will be available much earlier than from any physical vendor (e.g. Gameplanet) So I will buy the d/l version now and a boxed copy a year from now when the price comes down. But yes, you do need broadband to download these games!

I feel sorry for those of you who have to pay in euros. 40 euros for a d/l game, which is more of an expansion than a sequel, is not a good deal. I would have thought AP would have been cheaper than a full game. It's okay for me, as $40 US is okay due to the exchange rate, but 40 euros would be worse for sure.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Well, looking at what's transpiring, I must agree that 40E is a little overpriced. That kinda makes me want to pat myself on the shoulder for getting the Russian version on my company trip. I bought it for 414 rubl's, which was close to 14-15 euro at that time (I think, it was quite a while ago). Very reasonable price. I'm sad to see they set it at almost 3 times that much - suffice to say 40E is 1/5 of the average monthly salary in Bulgaria. You can imagine how strained the family budget will get if one wants to buy the english version...

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-07-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: numerous mistakes
Old 11-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

I can say same ... for central/eastern europe its ridicoulous price.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quality=Price.

Could u people stop and ask yourselves why it's that high ?
The whole gaming industy has been hit bi the economic recesion.

Is the price high - yes.
Will i buy the online and the palpable version - yes.
I have done that for the original to.

Did u people just sudenly forget what a breath of fresh air this game has been ?

If u have that much of a problem why not torrent it ?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibster View Post
Quality=Price.

Could u people stop and ask yourselves why it's that high ?
The whole gaming industy has been hit bi the economic recesion.

Is the price high - yes.
Will i buy the online and the palpable version - yes.
I have done that for the original to.

Did u people just sudenly forget what a breath of fresh air this game has been ?

If u have that much of a problem why not torrent it ?
Tibster, the problem is that fixing a price like 40 euros is okay for some and terrible for others. We pay $90 Australian dollars for new games here, but that's 1/5 of a basic minimum WEEKLY wage and less than 1/10th of my weekly wage (high school teacher). $40 US is about $45 Australian currently, so this game will be 50% of the usual price for a game for me.

Contrast this with someone in Eastern Europe who wants to buy the game, but for whom 40 euros is a serious amount of money. So they will pirate the game. Why not make it cheaper for them? Games are dirt cheap in Russia (apparently) but it seems that the euro is bad news for many of the poorer European nations.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

I dont drink and i dont smoke so i can indulge my hobby, and it's a expensive hobby.
Over the years i have gathered a large colection of legit. games , and i dont want to think how much they had actualy cost me.
My choise is simple i buy or not.
Or wait 6 months for the price to drop.
And since i'm not very good at patience , i buy now , bite the bullet.
Of course i know someone is actualy taking advantage of the price dif.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
We pay $90 Australian dollars for new games here, but that's 1/5 of a basic minimum WEEKLY wage and less than 1/10th of my weekly wage (high school teacher).
A teacher's salary is some 2,300 euros down there? Here it's just over a 1000 in state schools, and less or as much as that in private language schools provided the school gives you 25 or more hours per week (but without the benefits you get in state schools).

You couldn't by any chance hook me up with one of these dream jobs? Though I reckon there's no shortage of english teachers.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibster View Post
Quality=Price.
OK its obvious but :
We have Legend with 40-50 hours of gameplay with 100 quests 500 battles for 25-30E
and now with AP 30 hours around 300 battles around 80 quests for 40E. How do you coment that?