Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Registered Member

Default Almost excellent.

I just got this game today, obviously it being a niche game means it's not going to be full of features and I suuuupose I'm grateful that it has been made to an okay standard. However I'm sure everyone who has played this game has felt the furious rage building as you try to explore the tantalizing environment, that extremely irritating timer pops up and starts counting down how much fun you have left until you get plodded back on the course almost like a quick slap over the back of your wrist and then you imagine what the game makers would say if they were watching you, 'you we're trying to have more fun than we intended, aren't you?'.

Now the whole restricted game play imposed on you in the campaign in a way makes sense, but only if there is the option to actually explore and do what you like, isn't that the whole point of driving off road? You create your own goals and you decide where you want to drive. They got their priorities mixed up, they made a racing game and forgot about the actual point of these machine's existence.

This is probably the most irritating part of the whole game design though, it would have been easier for them to create an open world full of various mountains, forests and rivers etc, they wouldn't have required any game play restrictions and above all there would be less work involved on their part such as developing ways to control the player, all we want is a realistic off road sim (which we almost got) and an open environment for us to do whatever we want in our virtual trucks.

I felt I had to post something, I'd be happy to help them understand what it is that this fairly underground community wants if they'd like my imput. I'm a Games Design Student and always try to avoid these obvious design flaws.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

My timing was a bit off lol. I spent a lot of my time last night simply searching through config files which I guess has been attempted before by more competent tech minds. I even tried searching google.ru while using a language translator and google's 'translate page' feature to see if this was brought up in Russia, but our sentence structure was too different for me to search efficiently. Oh well, I'll probably keep checking back here and every now and then I'll scout google for any Trainers etc. If I ever find anything I'll post it here.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Omal

...and to think....alll they would have to do is release an update to disable the off course timer.....FAIL on 1C