Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Reign: Conflict of Nations

Reign: Conflict of Nations Historical real-time strategy game

Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Question About "Time of Trouble"

How can I avoid Time of Trouble ?
The ruler dies but the heir is just around 14 years old. So I have to create a new ruler (and I get into Time of Trouble) and a new heir is born but the new ruler dies when the heir is around 14 again (TofTrouble)and so on.

How can I convert the Heir into king? How old must he be? How do I make the king to live long enough or make the heir to born earlier?

thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

First move heir out of castle/town, click on him and in the right bottom control panel there is option to announce heir as king. That option is as you look at the num pad at number 1. I dont know about ages.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

It was just a coincidence that the second ruler died when his heir was only 14 too. It's a good idea to marry your ruler as early as possible to have an adult heir in case of his early death.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
It was just a coincidence that the second ruler died when his heir was only 14 too. It's a good idea to marry your ruler as early as possible to have an adult heir in case of his early death.
that right, and incase of immature heir, you can also train a, say commander, the second profession as monarch at early stage, wait it to be higher than lvl3, and thrown him as the king at coincidental death of the old king. that may give your king a commander 1st feat aswell!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

I am playing Teutonic Order. My character dies, then Time of Trouble occurs, but I cannot promote an hier, the children are 13yrs old and 9 yrs old.??.When I click on them, 2 buttons appear,"education" and "service", but I cannot click on either.

I have also tried hiring a monarch and making him the new ruler, but time of trouble still stays.

So what can I do?..this is very frustrating.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Time of Trouble doesn't end instantly, even after a new monarch is chosen he needs some time to set things right (depends on his level). Without monarch this time of trouble is infinite, so you should select new monarch as soon as possible (or maybe wait until for a heir to mature if it will happen soon). Minimum 'fit for service' age for heirs is 18 i think.