Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

They can call it King's Bounty: Fun with Fairies for all I care. If it's anything like as good as the main game (which it will be) then I will be downloading it the minute it's available on Gamersgate.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

O gosh, I would love to get it beta-tested. Or at least get a DEMO... o gosh o gosh...
Old 11-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Obviously princess should be able to acquire an item granting strong inspiration boost for all male humanoids in her army. Let's call it "magic cosmetics bag".
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

nice

i will get this one for sure...

to bad i bought a new computer now and have to play shitty games untill this comes out.

KAUTARI GIVE ME A CALL IF U NEED A BETA TESTER! I DO IT FOR FREE
Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Likewise, if you need a proofreader for the English translation (to get rid of typoes) then I'm your man. I teach High School English.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Likewise, if you need a proofreader for the English translation (to get rid of typoes) then I'm your man. I teach High School English.
I fear your overtures will fall on deaf ears my young padawan.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Well, I hope not. I imagine that there wouldn't be THAT many lines of text in the whole game. I doubt it would be more than 10 hours of work, max.

It's really worth considering (if not me then another native English speaker) because it is the kind of thing that English language reviews will make note of - and mark down in their final score.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, I hope not. I imagine that there wouldn't be THAT many lines of text in the whole game. I doubt it would be more than 10 hours of work, max.
I agree. In fact, I doubt it would take more than one working day (8 hours) to correct the glaring mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but even I would be able to make plenty of corrections just by skimming the text. I think a part of the problem is that some idiomatic expressions don't translate well from Russian to English.

Having said that, I must confess that I find the somewhat awkward translation charming in its own way.

Quote:
It's really worth considering (if not me then another native English speaker) because it is the kind of thing that English language reviews will make note of - and mark down in their final score.
You do realize, though, that by reading the text you would also read huge spoilers, right? Of course, it is the gameplay in KBL that is most of the fun, but still... it is nice to play it in the context of an unspoiled story.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

I don't really care about the spoilers. To be honest, I find the story in KB pretty expendable. I barely read the text other than to find out what my options are and what I have to do.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

Well I think it would be difficult (and incorrect) to fix the translation out of context. You might be able to fix grammar and spelling but I find some of the translation in the current game to be plain incorrect. Therefore, you will need to playtest as you correct the grammar. This would best be done by someone fluent in both russian idiom and english idiom (definitely not me).

Quote:
I don't really care about the spoilers. To be honest, I find the story in KB pretty expendable. I barely read the text other than to find out what my options are and what I have to do.