Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Default Finally, I Crush Impossible Baal with no lose

I spent 2 days fighting Impossible Baal using my mage with poor equipments, even no "Turn time back" spell in the whole game.

I tried many types of troop, as last I chose Lizardman army.

Main Tank:Brontus
His job is attacking baal and getting hit. High defence, high HP,even a spiked skin make it a great tank.Adding avenger angel can be more powerful.
With Lv3 Stone skin, Divne shield, plus mage shield, can minimize baal's damage to 500 or less.

Main Dder:Gorguls
Two blocks attack, and re-action after killing an enemy(plus frenzy) make it a great dder in Baal fight.

Distant Dder:Gorguanas

Protector: Arch Mage

Supporter: Paladin

Important Equipments:

Singing Dagger: +5 attack +15% lizardman attack

Claws of K'Tahu: +7 attack +1 initiative and morale of lizardman

Scaly bracelet: +10 mana +2 morale of lizardman

Pilgram's Boots: +1 speed to slowest troop

I killed baal in 10 rounds, then spent 2 round recovering armies.

Here is my screenshot of this game, the 1st is a failure, Gilbert's troops killed baal's minion when I was recovering armies.

Mage lv 53 ,spent 61 days

No lose , Damage dealed 90% by troops

I'm using Red Dragon-Oil-Phantom-Burning tactics when fighting most of enemies.

Last edited by wurenben; 09-12-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Editing title
Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

And to think I already have trouble playing this game of normal/medium difficulty.

I'll give it a new go when I get Crossworlds.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

I love this game, it's one of my top 5 games of all times. And reading things like this makes me love it even more!

This is a totally different tactic than I've used, and it works well. I love how every person playing uses and figured out their own way of beating the game, and just how many combinations and tricks you can use.

I also love the perfect ammount of randomization, forcing you to change your tactics/troops based on what's available and where you are in the game.

Also, I will try out some of the things you wrote here in my current game
________
VOLCANO CLASSIC VAPORIZER

Last edited by Swindley; 03-20-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

My video clip of impossible Bhaal

Also with end-game statistics , 0 leadership lose
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Awwww i remember my first impos/no loss with fond memories
Gj man, with your game. You finished just in time to get some rest before Warrior of the North arrive (we hope without delays). But one question - why Trig companion ??? Agraves/Gaudi would be great, since you didnt go high int with Elenhel. And check because i`m not sure : stone skin + divine armor, doesnt stack physical res i think.
But if you want to try new playthrough for CW try Warrior with orc army + Trigger 100% crit, it`s hilarious : kill Baal in 3 rounds goblins 50k+ crits and so on ...
Have fun in future games

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 02-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Yes I chose Trigger just before Bhaal fight, I need the hemlet (Elven Crown) and boots (Pilgram's Boots) both.
This video was recorded last year, I just remembered there is a forum here
I did have Crossworlds, the no lose campaign was finished before CW. I can ensure those spells stock each other, Arch Mage's shield , Stone Skin and Divine armor, please check the video
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

My first impossible in AP was so easy ... Blacknight Stomp. It was so hilarious i could stomp Nameless when i board to verona
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

I know that spells do stack, but physical res doesnt 9or it`s just my bugged game). Every time i cast stone skin + divine shield, total phys res isn`t right. Just example : paladin basic p.res 30% , medals guardian angel +9% , stone skin +40% , i cast divine armor 3rd lvl +30% and my paladin have 75% p.res instead 95% (max possible as it should with all bonus effects), rest of his resistances are OK, except physical This goes for all other units i cast stone skin + divine armor.
And why did you need pilgrim`s boots ? +1 speed for brontors not so useful if you ram them in first turn and then spend battle just retaliating with them. But your choice ofc.

@Elwin Did you try RSE, solo malestrom stomp with warrior ? It even more hilarious then blackknigh version, with 3side attack, and bonus retaliation from class skill it stops being funny after you get more then 5 of them in stack.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot!!!! I couldn't manage to defeat Baal in hard mode as a mage until I used your strategy, I was pretty alright thoughout the game until I met Baal, I did not realised that lizard men can be so powerful like this.