Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Mirrors at Worthplaying
http://www.worthdownloading.com/down...=4016&id=20598
Old 11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Mirror at AtomicGamer
http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=82069
Old 11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
One thing I noticed was the poison damage was extremely high, which I think was a bug in the 1.0 Russian version. This is corrected in the English full game I hope?
I hope correcting it does not mean returning it to the puny KB: TL values?

@Nike-it: Why don't you put all the links in your opening post?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Well, I think tha KBTL values are as they should be In KBAP original, these values were vastly overrated - 1 archer uses fire arrow, hits for 1 point, and inflicts 100 points of fire damage through burning afterwards. Where is the logic in this? Is his fire arrow enchanted by the gods???

In my eyes, that was improper. Dragons could kill entire stacks of lower level units with a single breath. 20 black dragons attack 560 Priests and 280 Inquisitors behind them. About 90 Priests and 30 Inquisitors die. Burning damage follows - 400 more Priests and 150 more inquisitors die. Nice!!! Carnage for the win!!!

EDIT: Well, even now you can see enemies that hit for 1 and do 20+ fire damage, but it's not as wicked as it was.

Besides, if you want better burning/posion damage, work on your Battle Alchemy medal

If this problem exists in the demo, let's hope it doesn't exist in the english version of the game. However, I'm positive that it doesn't, since it was already fixed in the russian version, and I'm positive that the developers made the english version using the latest Russian version.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Ah, I see, those numbers are of course ridiculous. But those in KB:TL were almost as ridiculous, say 300 snakes hitting a target for 5000 damage, then you get a message along the lines of "the target was poisoned!!1" and you're already rubbing your hands together when in the next turn the poisoning does a whopping 24 damage.

Those medals sound like they could be a good solution, but not if they provide a % bonus to a base damage as meagre as that above (imagine that - 20% to 24 damage, a sterling success!).
Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Well, it's not like this, don't worry. For example, with a mere lvl 1 in Battle alchemy(+10% burning/poisoning damage), in the last fight with Mauron Dark (Morron Dark that is ), even though he's tough and had over 25 defense, with 12 Black dragons I was burning Guardsmen for over 20 casualties per tick - that is about 1000 burning damage and Knights for 3-4 casualties per tick (keeping in mind they have 30% fire resistance). That's not much, but it's more than welcome extra damage. Top that up with Seal of Blood skill the Gorguana's have (the female lizard ranged units, doubles the damage the target is receiving, regardless of the source) and you can get a pretty decent carnage.

Now, time to beat up the Red-snout (as Bill Gilbert describes Baal) one more time and see what happened with the Paladin game.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Reading the Russian forum with Google translate, I remember hearing that the poison damage was bugged in AP 1.0 I guess what I'm asking is whether the English version will be patched up to Russian version 1.2

EDIT: oh and I really need the camera mod so I can zoom out. Can I use the same file as is in the KB:TL directory?

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 11-12-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

I'm also wondering about mods from KB:TL, especially the interface mod that I found extremely useful. Or do these mods already exist for the Russian version?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Well, there are mods for the russian version - I'm using 3 of them - interface, pet dragon hint, and fixes. So I'm confident that they will appear for the english version as well.

BTW, on the subject of burning and poisoning, one should be keenly aware that in KBAP burning and poisoning inflict damage based on a percentage of the health of the entire stack. As such, you will get more damage from burning/poisoning from a bigger stack than from a smaller stack.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
King`s Bounty: Armored Princess Official English Demo is now available for download.
You can get it here(467 Mb).

King’s Bounty: Armored Princess will be released on November 20, 2009 and will be available from several major download services including GamersGate.com and Steam as well as from the 1C consumer site.
Will the DVD version come out on this date, or is it just DL now?