Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Default Do Repair Droids ruin (too easy) the game?

I loved Kings Bounty the Legend, then loved Armored Princess until I discovered the repair droids.

I found that they take out any skill in the game what so ever. When playing on Hard, I found all I had to do was just repair them back to full health by leaving one enemy on the screen. In a way It was like cheating to me.

It went from a challenging game to a game where I had many no-loss battles. I quickly stopped playing the game some time ago do to this and did not finish it.

I was thinking about starting the game again.

I was wondering what you guys think of this and if there is any way around this? Like should I just not use repair droids at all?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

You play a game to have fun, if you are not having fun you can either not play or you can play with restrictions to have more fun. People have fun doing speed runs / impossible no loss, etc, why not have fun by making yourself only have one type of army or no using a certain unit or spell?

At the end of the day no one can tell you what to do, its up to you to play how you want to play.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjustaguy View Post
You play a game to have fun, if you are not having fun you can either not play or you can play with restrictions to have more fun. People have fun doing speed runs / impossible no loss, etc, why not have fun by making yourself only have one type of army or no using a certain unit or spell?

At the end of the day no one can tell you what to do, its up to you to play how you want to play.
You are correct, that is actually exactly what I have done. I decided to play without using repair droids.

What is funny is that by using other units and also playing much smarter the hard difficulty is not so bad as it once was. Using Dragons and Cyclops make the game pretty easy also.

I think they should not give bonuses for having perfect matches because it forces you to use units with high HP. I wouldn't mind having fun using some of the lower HP units but that would make it hard to get a no-loss.