Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: What OS are you running?
XP 43 18.14%
Vista 20 8.44%
Win7 166 70.04%
other 8 3.38%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

Don't think it proves anything much. The die-hards here are representative only of themselves. If the devs are making decisions on features for the game they'll consider the full range of potential buyers, a lot of whom will be casual Steam-type folks.

Definitely doesn't prove Heli right.
The "full range" of buyers isn't that wide.

Most potential buyers will throw this game into the next corner after getting disappointed or depressed when they try the online modus.
When I first flew online, and I only "acquired" IL2 for this reason, I took me almost two hours(!) to get my first kill.
I seriously considered uninstallation at this point.
Most casual gamer think this way.
Targeting the average gamer leads to nothing, you can sell him the game - once - but he will never touch again nor buy any addons or upgrades.
The "core" are the retards you can make money with(I'm one of those jerks too).
Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
The "full range" of buyers isn't that wide.

Most potential buyers will throw this game into the next corner after getting disappointed or depressed when they try the online modus.
When I first flew online, and I only "acquired" IL2 for this reason, I took me almost two hours(!) to get my first kill.
I seriously considered uninstallation at this point.
Most casual gamer think this way.
Targeting the average gamer leads to nothing, you can sell him the game - once - but he will never touch again nor buy any addons or upgrades.
The "core" are the retards you can make money with(I'm one of those jerks too).
QFT, also made me lol

I didnt play Il2 as much as I would of liked since I came to it very late. I bought it because I rememberd playing Microsoft combat flight sim as a kid in the late 90s/early 10's... (sounds weird lol). I loved that, although its probably due to nostalgia rather than game quality (I was in the range of 9/10-12... not sure).
Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

What would have been interesting is to see how many win 7 users are only 32 bit and how many are running x64.