Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Nice. just change the German flag.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
BigPickle

Very nice Mysticpuma, really like it. Isnt it the publishers decision on how the box art, manuals etc etc look? I thought 1C being the Developers just supplied the game itself.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Hello all,

first post here so I hope you'll be nice.

I think many of you are being a bit harsh on the artist because I am sure he was working under severe constraints. It looks very much like a composition that HAD to include certain elements. I can only imagine what the marketing guys told him. The cover must include the Cliffs of Dover as that's what the game is called. It would have to prominently display the RAF roundel and the German cross. It's got have a recognizable Spitfire and a 109 too: Oh and you better include some He111s as well so people will know there are bombers in the game. And don't forget there has to be combat and flames.

I'm not saying it is impossible to create a beautiful work of out under those conditions but it certainly would make things a whole lot more difficult. But as they say, the customer is always right.

Just my two cents.

I admit the colours are a bit dull.

Cheers,
TimTam27
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTam27 View Post
Hello all,

first post here so I hope you'll be nice.

I think many of you are being a bit harsh on the artist because I am sure he was working under severe constraints. It looks very much like a composition that HAD to include certain elements. I can only imagine what the marketing guys told him. The cover must include the Cliffs of Dover as that's what the game is called. It would have to prominently display the RAF roundel and the German cross. It's got have a recognizable Spitfire and a 109 too: Oh and you better include some He111s as well so people will know there are bombers in the game. And don't forget there has to be combat and flames.

I'm not saying it is impossible to create a beautiful work of out under those conditions but it certainly would make things a whole lot more difficult. But as they say, the customer is always right.

Just my two cents.

I admit the colours are a bit dull.

Cheers,
TimTam27
Yes you do have a point. Its a lot of stuff to put in such a small area. It doesn't help that the original box art had the 1c logo in the big space under the bf109, without that logo its a bit bare compared to the rest of the box.

Still this can't exuse the greyed out windows and aircraft errors.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope