Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

I'm using the Frog Wife on my mage for the int. Is there a more optimal wife i should look for?

Last edited by knoxchris; 09-30-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Spoilers Below

Taken from the games text files, descriptions for all the wives and children possible

//==== wife_feanora
Ex-princess of the swamps and patroness of frogs, she is now your wife.
[s]+3 to Intellect

//==== wife_frog_feanora
Former princess of frogs, she is now your wife, and has turned from the beautiful woman into a speaking frog.
[s]+100% to the Attack of Snakes and Spiders

//==== wife_mirabella
The bellicose and independent woman-pirate. To win her hand you had to defeat the Kraken itself!
[s]+100% to the Attack of Pirates and Robbers

//==== wife_neoka
The beautiful elven woman from noble clan of Ice Tears, whom you saved from the Necromancers.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Elves

//==== wife_nessy
The dwarven woman Gerda is not beautiful, but very industrious and hardy.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Dwarves

//==== wife_rina
She is the chieftain Hake's former girlfriend. She has the unpleasant but very useful ability of turning into a zombie.
[s]+1 to the Speed and Initiative of Robbers and Pirates

//==== wife_rina_zombie
She is the chieftain Hake's former girlfriend. At this moment, her curse has turned her into a zombie.
[s]+1 to the Speed and Initiative of Undead creatures

//==== wife_xeona
The indomitable, passionate and alluring Demoness Xeona.
[s]+1 to the Morale of Demons

//==== kid_adamus
A naughty and wayward child who considers himself to be of great importance, and demands much attention.
[s]+20% to Attack

//==== kid_ajven
You expect that this boy will become a powerful mage, for his magic aura is very strong.
[s]+30% to Mana

//==== kid_alexander
The boy has a strong charisma. You expect him to do well, no matter what path he chooses in life!
[s]+10% to Leadership

//==== kid_ambrella
The clever and beautiful girl, she has a flair for magic.
[s]+4 additional scrolls for your Spell Book

//==== kid_angelika
This babe is constantly mumbling to herself, but sometimes this mumbling turns into real spells!
[s]+10 to Mana

//==== kid_anna
The amazing babe, she has a rare magic flair. Such people are called "Wells of Magic."
[s]+8 additional scrolls for your Spell Book

//==== kid_dmitry
This chubby child is very intelligent and catches on very fast.
[s]+10% to Experience in combat

//==== kid_elly
The babe has a flair for magic and levitation.
[s]+20% to Mana

//==== kid_emmanuel
A charming but fussy baby - and watch our for the bite!
[s]+20% to Rage

//==== kid_gavriil
He was named after the angel, and like his namesake has a divine protective power.
[s]+5 to Defense

//==== kid_gendalf
Due to his magic flair, this rather intelligent boy was named after the famous mage, the hero of bards' songs.
[s]+20% to Intellect

//==== kid_gomer
A slow-witted boy, but very strong, named after one of the Titans.
[s]+3 to Attack

//==== kid_googlik
A nice and very intelligent boy.
[s]+5 to Intellect

//==== kid_janna
This babe has the piercing glance of a fighter - and it's impossible not to obey!
[s]+10% to Leadership

//==== kid_john
A fussy kid who can bite. He is not to be trifled with!
[s]+10 to Rage

//==== kid_laura
The quiet girl with a real flair for magic.
[s]+10% to Mana

//==== kid_neiron
An extremely handsome and gifted boy.
[s]+5% to Experience in combat

//==== kid_richard
A sturdy and very fussy child. He is your commanders' favorite, and they give him much attention.
[s]+5% to Leadership

//==== kid_robert
A precocious child, sure to be a good commander when he grows up!
[s]+5% to Leadership

//==== kid_serg
Obviously, this boy was born under a lucky star, which protects him from miseries.
[s]+20% to Defense
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

very nice post about wifes and kids.

i have frog girl as woman and have 4 kids

+10 mana
+10%mp
+4 scroll spots in book
+5% xp

they are okey, but with powrfull artifacts in endgame she will prolly suck. artifacts that give +3-6 and leadership bonuses are way better then those i got.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

It's funny, I had the exact same children. I just divorced the frog lady though... I wanted to cook her in her frog form, but it took too long so I just left her, for the Elven princess. Now instead I am probably only going to have 1, maybe 2 kids. A single artifact of mine gives +3 int +10 mana so thats the wife+best kid bonus in one... It's a win win situation.

I wonder which wife gets the uberkids? +10% leadership, +20% defence/attack/int, +30% mana... *drool*
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
I'm a mage on normal (which is currently a bit too easy - level 8 with 151K gold) - anyways I ended up with the frog wife (for now). She is +3 int in my game and my first child gave me 10 rage. So I guess it is a bit random....
Same for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

rhomboidspace thank you for that I was looking for such a info

now if you caould find same info about items it would be awsome.

What I mean the items stats after upgrade cause fighting each time to see if it is worth it is a bugger
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Most items simply add their initial stat each time it's upgraded. For example the officer's baton gives 250 leadership. 500 after 1 upgrade, 750 after 2 ups. I assume 1000 and perhaps some other bonus on the 4th upgrade(Haven't got it yet). But this counts for every item i've upgraded so far. +5 mana ring to +10, to +15. +10 mana +10% magic restistance belt.. to +20 and then to +30 for each at 3rd and final upgrade. The keepers are usually a bit inbalanced strong though, only being able to defeat them when the bonus is rather insignificant in comparison to your current strength.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm... I've got the frog wife too, but I have a different set of kids. I think I have +5% exp, +5 def, and +20% def (can't remember 4th). I'm playing a paladin, so this seems to fit with that style. Perhaps you have mages and so you get the same set of kids.

Of course, it could also all be random.

-Munch
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Actually, I got a knight. That +5 and +20% def is freaking sweet... I'd even get used to the ugly dwarf if I had to for those bonuses. =)

Now I got my elfen wife, but I think she's bugged. I've been trying to have babies with this woman for a while now but it doesn't matter how hard I try.. Nothing comes out

Thing is I can ask her to make kids again, each time i've had a battle or something.

One thing i'd really like to know is which wife's have what equipment slots.

Elfen chick has 2 regalia, 1 regalia/belt, 1 artifact.

I'm looking for one with boots, helmet, armor and whatever for the 4th slot.. if possible at all =) So many good unused items right now.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 AM
Approved Member

I am now using Xeona (from Heaven in Demonia).

I love that she provides 2 (!!!) weapons slots, 1 Boots (which i now have a kid in, Angelika for +10 Mana), and 1 belt/artifact.. I think I'll stick to her for the 2 weapons slots since those two alone did wonders for my attack level (+7 attack, +3 Intellect to be exact)

not to mention she wants to be your slave and gives you her castle.. and tells you to be strict with her!! she's naughty and i love it!