Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Default EMDrive update

For everyone who thinks that updates are infrequent here, SRP Ltd has updated their EMDrive page. It's only taken them 2 years!!!!!

http://emdrive.com/

Added is a English translation of the Chinese Paper that they say backs up Shawyers research into a microwave technology to convert electrical energy directly into thrust without the use of propellant!

Cool Bannanas! At this rate I think I be 90 before I get my hover board!!!!!!

Current state of the technology.

Shawyers Dream!

Cheers!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Is this the thing that got New Scientist into all that trouble for publishing pseudo science and misleading the public ?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Yep! Thats the one!

Except that no one has found any errors in his calculations except to say "Doesn't work! IMPOSSIBLE!!!" (bit like the 100 octane threads really )

Interesting to see that an independant body (College of Astronautics,Northwestern Polytechnical University,Xi′an, China) has claimed to reproduced the test results and validate that it adheres to quantum theory.

I'll try to find the page I read by one of the Nasa experts a few years ago which was something like "Interesting, It goes against everything we've held to be true but we'll wait to see if anything comes from it, Not going to expend any resources on it" (My wording not his)

One of the detractors main points is that effect couldn't be reproduced.

Would be cool if it turns out to work!

[edit]
http://nextbigfuture.com/2006/09/sup...-em-drive.html
found
Quote:
Marc Millis, the engineer behind NASA's programme to assess revolutionary propulsion technology accepts that the net forces inside the cavity will be unequal, but as for the thrust it generates, he wants to see the hard evidence before making a judgement.
Thought I read a direct quote from the guy a while back but do not have the time nor inclination to look futher More important things to do!!!!

[/edit]

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 07-25-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
China publishes high power test results

The prestigious Chinese Academy of Sciences has published a paper by Professor Yang Juan confirming their high power test results. At an input power of 2.5kW, their 2.45GHz EmDrive thruster provides 720mN of thrust. The results have clearly been subject to extensive peer review following the NWPU 2010 paper. The measurements were made on a national standard, thrust measurement device, used for Ion Engine development. Details of the measurement system and calibration data are given in the paper. A professional English translation is given here: Yang Juan 2012 paper
Hmmm! That flying car is getting closer every decade!