Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

Default 4.11 F4U Performance

Consistent crashes to desktop after hosting for just a few minutes.

Also, F4U is nerfed! This is my squad's primary fighter and it is now a sluggish chunk of metal in the sky that overheats 2 minutes after takeoff. Takes a very long time to get up to speed. Any chance of putting is back to what it was?

The rest of the patch is spot on and I applaud the work TD does
Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Approved Member

How does your tested performance of the F4U compare to real world numbers?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

I agree about the F4U, that is a disgrace to the plane IMO.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
I agree about the F4U, that is a disgrace to the plane IMO.
Could you post your Results and the data you are using as a reference Shaker. Exactly what is the problem ?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer692 View Post
Consistent crashes to desktop after hosting for just a few minutes.

Also, F4U is nerfed! This is my squad's primary fighter and it is now a sluggish chunk of metal in the sky that overheats 2 minutes after takeoff. Takes a very long time to get up to speed. Any chance of putting is back to what it was?

The rest of the patch is spot on and I applaud the work TD does

According to Sawyer the F4U is nerfed. It's slow and overheats easily. After reading this thread I won't be installing this patch so you may want to refer to Sawyer692 and his findings on the Corsair.

The AI tweaks sounded impressive but this CTD issue and from what I have heard from my squad about the Corsair is quite disappointing.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Concerning the F4U Corsair.

http://www.aviation-history.com/vought/f4u.html

I am taking my info from the above link.

"It could outfight, outclimb and (if need be) outrun any prop driven enemy."

"The XF4U-1 first went aloft on May 1, 1940 and five months later flew the 45 miles (73 km) between Stratford and Hartford, Connecticut at a speed of 405 miles per hour (651.8 kph), becoming the first production aircraft to exceed 400 mph in level flight. The US Navy was very pleased with the performance of the Corsair and, in June 1941, ordered 584 copies. Over the next 11 years that figure would grow to over 12,500 F4Us. "

The stock F4U doesn't even meet these standards and now it appears to be worse.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

If it's like you say, all the people on HL will want to fly F4U giving its abilities in the RL! Who would fly the other ones? I think all the allies plane had their capabilities exagerated in the previous patches of IL2 and now I think the odds are more even!! ~S~
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
If it's like you say, all the people on HL will want to fly F4U giving its abilities in the RL! Who would fly the other ones? I think all the allies plane had their capabilities exagerated in the previous patches of IL2 and now I think the odds are more even!! ~S~

That is fine and dandy but this is a SIM not a video game. Further more it's not the plane it is the pilot that makes all of the difference and it seems to me the Allied planes took a big biased hit.

=D Still the effort on the AI is top notch. I also totally appreciate folks dedicating their lives to a patch to keep a 10 year old Holy Grail of flight SIMs alive. So there is my positive criticism.

Last edited by Shaker; 01-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Further more it's not the plane it is the pilot that makes all of the difference.
I can't agree more with you on this matter!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That is fine and dandy but this is a SIM not a video game. Further more it's not the plane it is the pilot that makes all of the difference and it seems to me the Allied planes took a big biased hit.
I agree with Shaker. I love this sim because it has always been focused on realism. This nerfing of allied planes, ESPECIALLY the Corsair is a step in the wrong direction. They weren't even as fast as they were supposed to be to begin with but now.... useless. Which is very disappointing since I was SO looking forward to this patch. Sigh... back to 4.101 for now.