Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

similar bug on the 109f4. as you zoom your head too look over your noose:

again, it seems this new addition of 6dof has a new exterior part of the airplane being seen from really close range: the noose. most il2 3d models have really bad poly count noses since they weren't visible before. is there any chance this could be corrected by giving a few more poly count on the noose?

dont misunderstand me, 6dof on il2 is nearly perfect and im loving it, i just want to help
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Pupo... only you will see these glitches due to your extrem FoV. Everyone else with normal FoV doesn't see it. Its not fixable as there is only a small tolerance between 'not seeing extern part from cockpit' and 'extern part sticking into cockpit'. I guess, you have a reason for using your FoV (which I personally cannot really understand), but we cannot support it better.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Pupo... only you will see these glitches due to your extrem FoV. Everyone else with normal FoV doesn't see it. Its not fixable as there is only a small tolerance between 'not seeing extern part from cockpit' and 'extern part sticking into cockpit'. I guess, you have a reason for using your FoV (which I personally cannot really understand), but we cannot support it better.
oh. makes sense. sorry. never tought of it.

th reason why im using my fov its simple. i have 2 screens.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Approved Member

Not a bug.

The default height of line of sight (when Shift + F1 is disabled) is a bit lower than the aiming line in Bf-109s and Fw-190s. I have to stretch my head upwards and rightwards to get the reticle into the center of the revi sight in order to aim, which will make my neck uncomfortable after some time of playing.

Could you please consider lifting the default line of sight to the same height of the aiming sight so that we only need to move our heads a little to right to aim?

Last edited by jermin; 01-15-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

When you're about to fire just switch back to normal gun sight view not the 6dof one.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Hello!
I only wanted a small error report to 4.11.

And while I'm flying without TrackIR. I fly with the x52 joystick and so to see myself (and coolie-hat in conjunction with the mouse stick in the relapsing-control).
Normal white I see myself with a coolie hat backward around and just then I use the mouse-stick to look even further back can.

But if I try to 4:11 (just in the transition from cooli on mouse-stick), shake the tree (relationship-my white head) very quickly to the left and right, and then directed back to the front ...

Perhaps some of you have the time, the error-corrected.
answer to any of you, I would be happy but in any case

yours sincerely

Tafe1988

sorry 4 my bad english ^^

i have uploaded a zip-file with a screenshot and a small video from il-2 (.ntrk)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bug_4.11.zip (1.10 MB, 8 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
Not a bug.

The default height of line of sight (when Shift + F1 is disabled) is a bit lower than the aiming line in Bf-109s and Fw-190s. I have to stretch my head upwards and rightwards to get the reticle into the center of the revi sight in order to aim, which will make my neck uncomfortable after some time of playing.

Could you please consider lifting the default line of sight to the same height of the aiming sight so that we only need to move our heads a little to right to aim?
I also think, its uncomfortable and a disadvantage compared to other planes.
Thanks for pointing it out.

IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Situation: I am flying straight in P51 and I have bomber stream at my high 7-8h. I see contrails. If I look at my 6-8h, everything is fine, but if I add some head movement to sides, some contrails closer to screen edge disappear. It is like some sort of clipping issue.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafe1988 View Post
Hello!
I only wanted a small error report to 4.11.

And while I'm flying without TrackIR. I fly with the x52 joystick and so to see myself (and coolie-hat in conjunction with the mouse stick in the relapsing-control).
Normal white I see myself with a coolie hat backward around and just then I use the mouse-stick to look even further back can.

But if I try to 4:11 (just in the transition from cooli on mouse-stick), shake the tree (relationship-my white head) very quickly to the left and right, and then directed back to the front ...

Perhaps some of you have the time, the error-corrected.
answer to any of you, I would be happy but in any case

yours sincerely

Tafe1988

sorry 4 my bad english ^^

i have uploaded a zip-file with a screenshot and a small video from il-2 (.ntrk)
I see what you mean. Can you please post or attach your settings.ini (can be found in "Il-2 root folder"/Users/"Pilots name"/ ). Thanks!

IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Hey Caspar

Hey caspar... thx for fast answer....

so... here is the settings.ini (in a zip-file)

i know, that the most pilots uses TrackIR... so i dont think, that anyone cares...

but, i will buy trackir too.... but... i think only in 3 months, or later...

so i really hope, you can help me, or fix it, somehow?!

thank you (lot of thanxes)

si ya!

PS.:
äh, caspar?? my chief from my squadron says, that someone from ur team can speak german?? im not sure, but i think, he said caspar??
do you speak german?? ... (please please please)
Attached Files
File Type: zip settings.zip (4.7 KB, 5 views)