Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Default 4.11 & up3

Have I read it some where (or mae it up) that 4.11 isn't compatable with UP3?

Installing 4.11 after UP3 the PE8 cockpits are a franken plane & not as was advertised with accurate cocpits & gunner positions.

As I'm writing this I'm uninstalling UP3.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

4.11 is an official patch for an offical game. Free mods or mod packs are not supported and will in most cases not be compatible. Providers of mods/modpacks usually put them ontop of an official version.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Yes, you are right about 4.11 and UP3 not being compatible at press time. I did this as the very first thing, installed 4.11 over my existing UP3RC4 install. It loaded the main screen (with stock selected in the JSGME) but when I clicked QB it all froze. This is happening now with my vanilla install as well, so it might not have been a compatibility issue, but a 4.11 issue.

In any case, I would advise a fresh vanilla IL2 install if you want to take advantage of the quantum leap in capability that 4.11 provides. I like the mod packs for more planes that I never fly, but the new AI in 4.11 makes not having my B-25 strafer something I can live with.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
71st_Mastiff

states that at the very beginning I'm really enjoying this but not the sounds
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Like Kittle, I installed UP3 for some aircraft I wanted to fly, like the FW189 & ME410, & ME110 nightfighter.

Have now gone back to the stock, unmodded, version of 1946 & everything working well so far.

If I now install UP3 after 4.11, will the flyable planes from 4.11 revert back to franken planes?

Last edited by Fergal69; 01-14-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
It loaded the main screen (with stock selected in the JSGME) but when I clicked QB it all froze. This is happening now with my vanilla install as well, so it might not have been a compatibility issue, but a 4.11 issue.
Go to your 'Quicks' folder and delete the file '.last.quick'. It probably tries to load planes, that are not available in the stock game.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Thx for the prompt reply Casper. I ended up doing something I learned long ago while dealing with the dark side of mods (e.g. game not working) which is to move the entire IL2 folder to a different location. I chose my desktop easier access and all that. Now, works like a charm.

I knew there had to be something from my old modded install hanging around since I still had all my control settings and my pilots name when starting up in what was supposed to be a fresh install. I moved the folder and now everything is working wonderfully!!!

Must say, the AI is impressing me more every time I fire up the sim. Outstanding job you folks did, I would buy you all a drink if we were in the same state/country/time zone!!! :salute:
Old 01-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Easy answer: UP/DBW will not work 100% with 4.11 regardless of how you try to install it.
If you want info on this better to go to SAS.