Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

I didnt say i wanted a hardcore simulator. So take your head out your own ass a second so you can understand what im saying. All i was originally asking was why that image i linked on the first reply had a splitter switch. Until now i haven't seen any pictures with that item on them, i have been apealing for some realism on transmissions, THATS IT. The reason i want to play this game is because its going to be good. Its going to be fun, storyline and driving which they keep on saying is meant to be SO realistic. Me personally if i want a REAL experience i will just goto work.

Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release. G25 support or not, i will still purchase this game purley for the entertainment value which i feel it offers, the added realism all along was a bonus.

So in future direct your patronising comments to someone else, im done here. This forum is full of morons anyway.

Also if you read what i wrote in response, i wasnt replying to you, i was replying to what QWX had said NOT YOU, BECAUSE I QUOTED HIM NOT YOU IN MY POST DURRRRRRRRRRRR, READ IT AGAIN AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE, I DONT DRIVE MANY MILES IN A TRUCK I SPEND ABOUT 1-2 HOURS A DAY DRIVING. i also said i wanted to build a joystick controller etc for a truck game but so far no one has released a game that would let me do this, so actually that DOES answer your question.

bye

Last edited by nicknackpaddywack; 09-30-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
I didnt say i wanted a hardcore simulator. So take your head out your own ass a second so you can understand what im saying. All i was originally asking was why that image i linked on the first reply had a splitter switch. Until now i haven't seen any pictures with that item on them, i have been apealing for some realism on transmissions, THATS IT. The reason i want to play this game is because its going to be good. Its going to be fun, storyline and driving which they keep on saying is meant to be SO realistic. Me personally if i want a REAL experience i will just goto work.

Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release. G25 support or not, i will still purchase this game purley for the entertainment value which i feel it offers, the added realism all along was a bonus.

So in future direct your patronising comments to someone else, im done here. This forum is full of morons anyway.

Also if you read what i wrote in response, i wasnt replying to you, i was replying to what QWX had said NOT YOU, BECAUSE I QUOTED HIM NOT YOU IN MY POST DURRRRRRRRRRRR, READ IT AGAIN AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE, I DONT DRIVE MANY MILES IN A TRUCK I SPEND ABOUT 1-2 HOURS A DAY DRIVING. i also said i wanted to build a joystick controller etc for a truck game but so far no one has released a game that would let me do this, so actually that DOES answer your question.

bye
Okay let me start off by saying, you were the one who started the personal attacks with the "smug mode" and your rather pointless reply to my comment in which you were only able to mock my using of the bold tags instead of coming up with a useful argument.
If you are all upset now, as you appear to be judging by all the capitalised words, and think i'm being "patronising" then maybe you shouldn't of brought it upon yourself by acting like a smug immature child. I put "smug" in bold, just for you.

Now, all that crap aside.
It actually seems like you know what i'm talking about, you say if you wanted a real truck driving experience then you would just go to work. Which begs the question, why are you even arguing with me?
It should of been obvious that my ranting was aimed at people such as pook (who has been complaining for months) and not those who are just looking for a fun game with "realistic" features.

My initial post was just directed at the public in general, as i've already posted something similar in another RnR thread after people started complaining.
You acknowledged this in your second paragraph:
Quote:
Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release.
Again, why the hell would you argue if you don't care and are not the person the post was directed at?

Clearly you are just one of those people who get their kicks out of starting arugments in online forums, about things they don't care about.

"Durrrr"? - Really? You claim to be 23 but you sound like a 10 year old most the time.
Yes i know you weren't responding to me with your last post, unlike you i am well aware when someone is talking to me specifically.
I still didn't think you had answered the question Qwx asked.
If we have established that RnR is not going to be like the real thing, how would you make up for not doing many miles in RL by playing this game?

Anyway, i guess i won't waste anymore time with this as you've decided to leave - Just remember, i wasn't even talking to you to begin with, you could of not replied and we could of avoided all this nonsense.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Guys, stop this quarrel, or I'll have to close the thread.

To nicknackpaddywack - the 6 available gears are some kind of compromise, as very few people will be glad to use real truck gearbox with a lot of gears. Implementing this feature in the game would have taken too much time and I think noone wants another delay.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

The problem is different. There is no buy hardcore Truck sim, so the expectations for RNR. Truck sim will be different, none of us are not interested in the RNR and the like. Why is there war simulation, flight simulation?? Why? Go to work go to war, go to fly the aircraft .... but there is a simulation of what he is fanatics. Someone may be a child, others need a different career, but his childhood dream is trucking. I am a real trucker, but in Europe. For me, the charm of the RNR U.S. trucking and migrate to the U.S. do not. I do not like their lifestyle, but managed Usa hardcore truck and when I would get tired, I press "End Game". So I have nothing against arcade-Let the children play, but fans simulators forgotten. Globally, the world would not be a small number of players otodox simulators. Do not take anyone to play arcade racing. While enjoying the fun. It will be another regular truck sim, you know that no one will be, and you can pat the shoulders as it is a great game. the problem is that Softlab for years said that they are doing revolutionary truck sim and those people interested. If at the beginning of said racing game, nobody would have been fans of the sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Guys, stop this quarrel, or I'll have to close the thread.

To nicknackpaddywack - the 6 available gears are some kind of compromise, as very few people will be glad to use real truck gearbox with a lot of gears. Implementing this feature in the game would have taken too much time and I think noone wants another delay.
To no one wants to further delay. Anyway, I'm not sure that the developers were able to correctly do so in patches. The only hope is hope for modifiability. Let everyone play what he wants, but that is what dissatisfied should have a chance to fix things and do it with the sim for others. This game me very disappointed. False advertising best, real ... and it nothing.

Last edited by pook; 10-02-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Well, actually that answered a lot.. Doing engineering and stuff is always fun. It's kind of sad, that probably you won't be able to use Rig'n'Roll for your purposes. Still, Nokrutnal's words tay truth - this is a game with it's own vision...
May I suggest searching for an alternative to test out your shifter? Like open source project Rigs of Rods. I know it won't come close to Rig'n'Roll in some aspects, but otherwise, it's highly customizable and trucks there have 10< gears .
Well, we still can hope, that some sort of Development Kit, or sim upgrades would come out, but I wouldn't bet. In the end, the game will suit my needs

EDIT: ok, I haven't seen this page while writing reply (doh). My reply original was directed towards nicknackpaddywack. Nokturnal, you should stop these personal attacks. Your initial post was good, but don't let yourself to get carried away by it. Don't damage your reputation so much... Pook, and every sim fan. Well, sorry to get you tangled in here. So high modifiability patch is very wanted? We cross our fingers Nike-it :]

Last edited by Qwx; 09-30-2009 at 07:43 PM.